Senior User Experience Design Consultant
The Senior UX Design Consultant is a passionate, well-rounded design practitioner that leads generative and evaluative research to uncover user and business opportunities for our products and services. The Senior UX Design Consultant directly collaborates with Ironside Practice Leads, Sales, Marketing and HR in order to help focus experience strategy and design bound by the reality of user and business needs, as well as with client stakeholders and user communities to facilitate discovery sessions, workshops, and design sprints.
Working with technical and project leadership resources, the Senior UX Design Consultant is responsible for: explaining the value of qualitative and quantitative research and identifying the appropriate approach and methods for each project; planning and leading research activities; confidently articulating how research findings inform user experience strategy and design; translating insights into clear, actionable recommendations and outcomes for clients and project members; and leading and mentoring other researchers and designers on the project team.
- Collaboratively generates creative ideas for business opportunities and product/service solutions that are tied to user needs, desires, and motivations
- Develops an understanding of a client’s product or service, organization, industry, product /service portfolio, brand and position through qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- Collaborates with project team to produce wireframe concepts, storyboards, and value propositions that communicate concepts, plans how to validate them and demonstrates the potential business value
- Conducts stakeholder interviews and client workshops to elicit and develop user stories, use cases, story mappings and personas
- Designs elegant solutions to complex workflows
- Mentors team members on methods and techniques and works to establish formal processes to enable consistent execution of UX strategy
- Performs Usability testing of basic prototypes, designs, and code, organizes surveys and engages in other usability assessments as appropriate
- Develops relationships with key stakeholders throughout the organization and acts as a trusted advisor to clients and other team members
- Works with the Practice Director and Engagement Manager to manage deliverables and timeline
- Works with Solution Architects to evaluate opportunities from a technology point of view
- Acts as an advocate for user experience and its integration into Ironside’s other practices
Your Proven Track Record:
- Bachelor's degree in interactive design, human factors engineering, visual design, graphic design, or equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in interactive or visual design
- 2+ years of relevant client facing experience
- Proven track-record of hands-on user-interface design leadership
- Demonstrable self-starter with a reputation for creativity under project constraints
- A passion for UX design, the creative process, and for learning new technologies and design skills
- Ability to balance needs of concurrent projects and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, problem-solving and collaboration skills
- Proficiency with design software
- Experience with Analytics toolsets (Microstrategy, Birst, Cognos, etc.) and other technical domains a strong plus
- A portfolio demonstrating creativity, process, broad exposure and innovation is a must
- Travel is required
The Ironside Edge:
- The opportunity to join and grow an ever expanding professional network of high profile clients and reputable colleagues.
- A passionate and approachable leadership team that encourages an entrepreneurial frame of mind and welcomes contribution to business development from all members of the team.
- A challenging, dynamic and rewarding work environment which fosters rapid professional growth in a space that is at the forefront of information technology.
- An unparalleled opportunity to gain in depth operational experience across a variety of industries and organizational departments.
- The opportunity to explore and put into practice cutting edge technology on a regular basis.
- An incentivized development program that enhances your skill set with professional training and certifications.
- Competitive merit-based compensation and bonus packages that rapidly reward passionate and driven team members.
- Small company culture, with big company benefits: 4 Weeks PTO (5 Weeks after 5 Years), Health, Dental, Life, Vision, FSA, 401(k) with matching funds.
- A work hard/play hard, familial culture that loves to get together whenever we can for great food (and drink), sporting events, etc. We are equal parts passionate about our people and our work and we like to enjoy ourselves while doing it.
At Ironside, we dive deep into clients’ core business challenges, emerging with new insights into how we can leverage the power of business analytics to help move companies further and faster toward their goals.
Our expertise in business intelligence, performance management, predictive analytics, information management, big data, and more only becomes meaningful when brought into careful alignment with where a business stands today and where it means to be tomorrow.
Our goal is to use the power of business analytics to propel businesses forward and upward, until they break through to a new way of looking at their industry, the world, and their place in both. It’s a lofty way of thinking. One that has helped us make new inroads in our industry, and our clients in theirs.