Administrative Assistant, PRESTIJ
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks an Administrative Assistant to support a five-year USAID-funded project, Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ). Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, PRESTIJ will support universities to expand and improve pre-service teacher education, and the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Compliance Manager, the Administrative Assistant will provide administrative support to program activities and the daily functioning of the project office, including logistics, copying, filing, answering the phone, welcoming visitors, and other tasks.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides administrative support to the Finance and Compliance Manager and other staff as needed. (e.g. assists with making photocopies, sending faxes and e-mails, travel schedules, receiving visitors, preparing for internal and external meetings, providing other backstopping support)
- Receives and directs telephone calls, email communications, and in-person inquiries to appropriate staff members; takes and relays messages
- Sorts and distributes correspondence and mail; prepares packages for courier pickup
- Responds to routine requests for information
- Coordinates and follows up on all transportation logistics for staff visits as needed
- Manage petty cash payments and act as the petty cash custodian
- Oversee and coordinate the need to purchase, receipt and distribution of office supplies and stationery
- Assists in familiarizing new staff members with office standards and procedures
- Maintains contact address, telephone, and email address files and visitor lists
- Prepares files for storage or destruction, as appropriate
- Monitors and maintains office equipment and does regular inventory count, in coordination with the Finance and Compliance Manager
- Sends out requests for quotations and obtains prices as needed
- Coordinates with vendors and suppliers and signs of on receipt of office supplies.
- Assists in preparation for internal meetings, preparing agendas, taking minutes of meetings, etc.
- Assists with basic English-Arabic translation of documents and correspondence.
- Contributes to team effort by undertaking additional tasks and responsibilities as requested.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Jordanian residency/work authorization is required
- Bachelor’s degree preferred. Diploma in a relevant subject area (for example, Business management, administration, human resource management) and 1+ years of progressively responsible administrative experience may be substituted for BA degree requirement. 2 years of administrative experience with progressive responsibility in professional office setting can be substituted for college degree requirement.
- Very good command of English Language is required
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)Excellent attention to detail and strong organizational skills including time management, ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced working environment, and ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communications skills, both oral and written required
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Positive attitude and willingness to support and assist colleagues.
Please upload a file that includes a resume/CV and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE