Intern, Leadership Practice
IREX seeks an intern to provide support to the Leadership Practice generally, including initiatives such as the Impact Fellowships Summit and support to program teams as need. This paid position will be part-time (20-30 hours per week) beginning in December 2019 and ending in May of 2020 (specific start and end dates are flexible).
This position is ideal for candidates looking to gain practical skills in data management, communication with a variety of stakeholders, and/or program management skills. In addition to supporting practice activities, the intern will have opportunities to learn about various aspects of international development and program management including methods and approaches for conducting monitoring and evaluation in international development and communicating impact.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage data and track communications related to the Impact Fellowships Summit.
- Contribute to outreach efforts for Leadership Practice initiatives.
- Process payments and support logistics for Leadership Practice activities.
- Provide as-needed logistical and administrative support to program teams.
- Coordinate and compile Leadership Practice monthly newsletter
- Coordinate Leadership Practice monthly meetings including content and logistics
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is required, pursuing Master's degree preferred
- Demonstrated Excel skills (the candidate will be comfortable using formulas and pivot tables for analysis as well as charts for data visualization) and interest to learn other software tools for data management and analysis.
- Proven excellence in writing and editing for a variety of audiences and purposes, including reporting and marketing.
- Excellent organizational skills, including attention to detail, ability to prioritize, and multi-task.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Interest in international development and leadership development.
- Experience using Salesforce, SurveyMonkey, and Mailchimp (preferred).
- Experience creating infographics using Piktochart or other tools (preferred).
To apply: Please submit a cover letter and resume with your application.