Psychosocial Support/Mental Health Trainer
Title: Psychosocial Support/Mental Health Trainer
Location: Amman, Jordan
Reports To: Program Manager
Estimated Level of Effort: 15-20 days of work
Period of Performance: May-December 2020
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Jordanian national to serve as PSSMH consultant/trainer as part of its Families in the Digital Age Program, implemented in partnership with the Government of Canada. The Program seeks to equip mothers in four governorates in Jordan with digital literacy and media & information literacy skills, positive youth development and Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (GESI) principles.
General Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop curriculum and facilitator’s guide on mothers’ support groups
- Plan, organize, and provide a training on psychosocial support and mental health to women in Jordan including:
- Psychosocial interventions and stress management;
- Basic psychosocial planning;
- mental health and resiliency, particularly in humanitarian settings;
- Coping strategies and self-care mechanisms
- Ensure completion and analysis of pre/post knowledge and facilitation skills tests
- Support the integration of gender equality and social inclusion (GESI) into training;
- Support the integration of positive youth development (PYD) into training;
- Support the development and updating of M&E tools that take into account local context and beneficiary profile;
- Liaise with Program Manager and HQ Technical Specialist on Resilience and Inclusion;
- Other duties as assigned by the Program Manager
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Strong understanding of principles behind psychosocial interventions, usually demonstrated by a Masters, PsyD, or PhD in Psychology, required
- At least 3+ years experience working on mental health and psychosocial support programs, preferably in humanitarian settings;
- Demonstrated experience in training programming;
- Excellent management, communication, and interpersonal skills;
- Gender and social inclusion integration/experience with gender and social inclusion sensitive trainings;
- Experience in mental health with women and girls, marginalized populations;
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in Arabic and English required; and
- Willingness to make short, one-day visits to Jordanian governorates, outside Amman, to monitor activities and mentor facilitators
As part of your application package, please submit a cover letter and resume to Alexa Brand at email@example.com.
APPLICATIONS WITHOUT A COVER LETTER WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.