Communications Officer, PRESTIJ
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Communications Officer to support a five-year USAID-funded project, Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ). Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, PRESTIJ will support universities to expand and improve pre-service teacher education, and the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms.
Under the supervision of the MEL Manager, the Communications Officer will manage the project’s communication tasks to support overall performance management and communicate impact. They will be primarily responsible for creating compelling stories about PRESTIJ’s impact. They will also contribute to data analysis and programmatic reporting as required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update the PRESTIJ communication and branding strategy and plan in compliance of the program and its implementing partners with USAID policies & regulations
- Produce high quality, visual, internal and external-facing reports, communications and deliverables as required
- Support communication campaigns related to teaching and education and strategically promote PRESTIJ impact through a range of media
- Coordinate with key partners to conduct communications campaigns around World Teachers’ Day and other national or international events
- Draft summary reports, internal updates, and social media posts related to program activities and results
- Monitor local media for information on PRESTIJ, partners and stakeholders
- Submit data to MEL staff to ensure all activities and achievements are recorded
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Jordanian residency/work authorization is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (e.g. communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field)
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience in communications, media, campaign development, or advocacy, experience in non-profit sector a bonus
- Previous communication experience on a USAID-funded program and familiarity with USAID branding and marking requirements for communications products preferred
- Strong writing, editing, and oral presentation skills in English and Arabic, as evidenced by professional experience
- Strong computer skills and proven track record in the advanced use of modern communications tools, internet, email, social media, and teleconferences
- Research skills preferred, especially rapid desk reviews and conducting interviews
- Experience with graphic design and formatting preferred
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work cooperatively with team members, partner organizations, and stakeholders from government and education sectors
- Detail-oriented with ability to multitask and adjust priorities in a fast-paced working environment in order to adhere to strict deadlines.
Please upload a file that includes a resume/CV and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE