Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator
Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator
POSITION TITLE: Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Youth Leadership Manager
PROJECT: Ma3an: For Resilient Communities
LOCATION: Tunis, Tunisia
IREX is an international nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million and a staff of 400 professionals worldwide.
IREX seeks a Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator to support community youth engagement programming across Tunisia, as part of the Ma3an Program. The position will be part of a broader team engaging youth who drive community activities in their communities.
Monitoring and Reporting Coordinator leads the monitoring, evaluation and reporting efforts for the IREX Ma3an programming, including data collection and analysis as well as reports development to document impact.
This position is open to Tunisian nationals and only citizens or residents of Tunisia will be considered. Alumni of US leadership programs strongly encouraged to apply.
General Duties & RESPONSIBILITIES
The position will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Supports project team in the implementation of all aspects of the program’s MEL plan and ensuring timely, accurate, and thoughtful completion of M&E deliverables.
- Collaborate closely with team members including project and HQ MEL contacts to ensure that MEL tools and plan are aligned with the overall Program Plan and IREX’s tools and methodology.
- Oversee the design, development, and deployment of data collection instruments and provide support to team members in gathering and deploying data. Responsible for quantitative and qualitative data collection, data entry and data analysis
- Identifies and documents lessons learned; collecting information for case studies and assisting in writing success stories
- Assists in preparing quarterly and annual progress reports
- Conducts impact and focus group sessions with program and IREX staff and other stakeholders
- Supports with outreach, recruiting, training workshops, meetings, and other events.
- Contributes to contextualization of materials to local setting
- Represents IREX and The Youth Practice interests both within and outside of IREX
- Translation to and from Arabic
- Domestic travel to partners and beneficiaries required
- Supports with the organization and implementation of trainings and activities
- Other duties as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, international development, business, political science, or other related fields.
- 2-3+ years’ experience in program/project activities’ monitoring and evaluation, conducting empirical research, data collection-synthesis-analysis; experience in such role on donor-funded programs preferred
- High-level proficiency in Excel, including use of pivot tables, formulas and charts, required
- Strong analytical skills and experience with statistical analysis software, preferred
- Experience working in and/or interest in developing capacity for data collection and other technology systems including Survey Gizmo, SurveyMonkey, Jotform, or similar, preferred.
- Ability and ease of working with young people in underserved communities in Tunisia, taking an approach that empowers and supports youth positive development
- Exposure to trainings, events and workshops
- Professionalism in written correspondence and report writing
- Experience with internationally funded programs, preferred
- Professional English and Arabic language skills, required
- Self-motivated with the ability to learn quickly or seek resources to continually improve their own performance
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment
- Flexibility, patience, dedication, and creativity
- Ability to work in a positive, solutions-oriented and collaborative way with others on a team
Candidate may be hired at a coordinator or officer level, commensurate with experience. Please submit a resume and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements with your application. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE