Market Systems Specialists, Business Development
IREX is an international nonprofit organization providing thought leadership and innovative programs to promote positive lasting change globally. We enable local individuals and institutions to build key elements of a vibrant society: quality education, independent media, and strong communities. To strengthen these sectors, our program activities also include conflict resolution, technology for development, women and youth.
Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million and a staff of over 400 professionals worldwide. IREX employs field-tested methods and innovative uses of technologies to develop practical and locally-driven solutions with our partners in more than 100 countries.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks senior-level Market Systems Specialists to provide technical guidance on inclusive market systems that promote private sector development and yield market-based solutions to development challenges. Specialists will support IREX’s New Business Development Unit during proposal development across IREX’s Practices (Education; Communities and Governance; Information and Media; Youth; and Leadership) to inform the design of interventions and produce compelling proposals for U.S. Government donors.
Consultancy positions will be offered on a needs-basis. Duration of consultant will also be contingent upon assigned tasks.
Summary of Responsibilities
Potential tasks may include, but are not limited to:
- Via desk-based research and or on-the ground consultations with key stakeholders, analyze the market dynamics that affect the operating context of an anticipated development activity and determine specific constraints to private sector involvement and investment
- Identify creative, effective, and sustainable market-based approaches to programming that catalyze donor resources to achieve development objectives, mobilize private capital for scale, and or create incentives for private-sector participation
- Engage key private sector stakeholders in target countries to conduct analysis and increase IREX’s collaboration with the private sector across sectors
- Contribute to proposal design and prepare written components of proposals
- Other duties as needed
Skills and Qualifications
Consultants must be well organized, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines. Additionally, Consultants should have:
- Demonstrated track record engaging, analyzing, and designing with private sector stakeholders in developing countries
- Experience in the design and preparation of proposals for USAID and other U.S. government agencies
- Strong understanding of USAID’s Journey to Self-Reliance Policy; experience applying its principals as well as local systems analysis in the field
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and detail-orientated approach
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in civil society, media, technology, or education development sectors
- Knowledge of a foreign language
- Bachelor’s degree in international relations, international development, communications, graphic design, English, or related field.
Click on "Apply" below to submit your CV for consideration.