Rights and Licensing Expert
POSITION TITLE: Rights and Licensing Expert/Company
REPORTS TO: Project Director
LOCATION: Moldova or Eastern Europe Region
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a rights and licensing expert, represented by an individual or company/organization, to research and identify ownership of desired TV entertainment programming. The licensing expert/organization will assess the fair value of licensing programs for the Moldovan market, advise on prices for individual programs and suggest package discount opportunities as well as guide on additional requirements that program owners require when their programs are dubbed into another language (e.g. Romanian). The expert will act as a mediator between IREX and the distributors of content.
IREX plans to acquire and secure content for 7 Moldova broadcasters, both national and regional. The general target audience is represented by the population aged between 30-45 years old. The first batch of content should be scripted TV series (drama, detective, comedy or other type of content based on evidence from TV ratings or viewers behavior statistics), whose production and/or airing abroad started in 2010, minimum of 2 seasons with the episodes being minimum of 24 minutes long. The individual expert or company/organization should secure the procurement of content within a maximum of 60 days framework.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identify rights holders of desired U.S. and other programming that work closely with Moldova and regional markets.
- Establish contact and secure partnership with the rights holders.
- Value rights as applicable to Moldova.
- Negotiate to secure broadcast and dubbing rights
- Offer advice on peculiarities of securing international rights, specifically with the distributors.
- Provide licensed content according to the current request within agreed framework
- Provide advice and recommendations on the local contractual arrangements to be secured with local broadcasters
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and analysis.
- Extensive experience in acquisition of entertainment TV video licensing and distribution.
- Extensive experience in content development extending across the entertainment, news, online advertising and technology verticals.
- Strong understanding of the political, economic, and media landscape as well as intricacies of securing international rights in Moldova.
- Proven experience with distributors, such as Sony, NBCU, Viacom, Warner Bros and other etc.
Please upload a file that includes:
- a resume of the expert/profile of the company
- a proposed timeline to secure procurement of content within the proposed time framework, including but not limited to the brief description of the process, number of days required for the assignment, initial proposed TV series for Moldova context.
- and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements by ______ date.
- A list of references
IREX conducts anti- terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
Position Title and revision/creation date