Deputy Chief of Party, USAID/Ukraine Youth Unity Program
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded youth program in Ukraine. The DCOP will be based in Kyiv and will provide high-quality technical inputs to achieve all program objectives.
Only citizens of Ukraine or residents with work authorization will be considered.
This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities
- In conjunction with the Chief of Party, provide technical direction for the program; develop work plans; lead implementation of youth-targeted activities; and ensure the program adaptively responds to changes in the operating environment to meet the desired objectives
- Manage and supervise a team of technical staff
- Facilitate inclusive and gender-sensitive processes and approaches, engaging local organizations, institutions, and youth, to design and implement effective activities to strengthen youth participation at community and regional levels.
- Develop and maintain cross-sectoral relationships with key government entities at the national and local level, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, employers, program beneficiaries, youth leaders, youth cooperatives, youth networks, and other stakeholders
- Oversee technical activities of local partner organizations and provide coaching to ensure a focus on relevant activities and achievement of outcomes
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; project communications; and project reporting.
- Other duties, as assigned
Skills and Qualifications
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Master’s degree in a relevant field and minimum of eight (8) years of experience in integrated youth development services, or a bachelor’s degree with at least ten (10) years of relevant experience
- A deep understanding of youth engagement, civic education, civil society strengthening, youth livelihoods, or peacebuilding
- Demonstrated experience in managing youth development and/or workforce development programs in Ukraine, with the ability to demonstrate outcomes
- Prior experience providing technical assistance and/or coaching to local organizations/institutions on youth-friendly service provision, youth engagement and participation
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders, including governments, private sector, educational institutions, NGOs, donors, etc.
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- A commitment to, and vision for how youth employment outcomes can be improved
- Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individual regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV in English for consideration.