Communities and Governance Intern - Communities and Governance Practice
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks an intern to provide programmatic, financial and administrative support for IREX's programs in the Communities and Governance (C&G) practice. C&G projects advance equal access to rights and justice, expand inclusive avenues for civic participation, and promote accountable governance. The intern will support the priorities of both individual projects and the overall C&G practice. IREX is seeking an intern available to work 25-40 hours per week, though the schedule is flexible. An hourly rate will be provided. This internship is open immediately.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Support high-quality, timely reporting by editing project reports;
• Provide logistical and travel support to C&G staff, consultants, and partners;
• Draft contractual documents including contract modifications;
• Assist with financial tracking, payments, and reporting;
• Assist with the translation of documents;
• Participate in team and departmental meetings; and
• Perform other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
The intern must be very well organized, able to work independently, and skilled at handling multiple tasks while adhering to deadlines. The intern must be able to work in a multi-team environment and have a proactive approach to identifying how to provide maximum support to multiple individuals.
• Excellent administrative skills and meticulous attention to detail;
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills;
• Fluency in Arabic (both written and verbal);
• Interest in international development, particularly in gender and human rights
All interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume for consideration. Applications without cover letters will not be considered. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE