Program Officer, Information and Media Practice
Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create persons-to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Program Officer for the role of a Regional Desk Officer to a project within the Information & Media Practice. The successful candidate will also support other projects within the Information & Media Practice as needed. This position is full-time (approximately 40 hours per week) and will require occasional international travel.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- A Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field required
- At least 3+ years of relevant experience required
- Georgian and Russian language skills preferred.
- Experience in international development preferably focused on media, digital security, physical safety, and psychosocial care.
- Demonstrated management of international assistance programs.
- Experience conducting assessments, evaluations, and analytical report writing.
- Strong writing, editing, and oral presentation skills.
Your Daily Tasks
- Support the management of assigned projects and activities, to include but not limited to, overseeing and providing support for implementation of regional activities and providing day-to-day operational support to project team and field-based staff.
- Support the development of project deliverables, to include but not limited to, collecting information about activities implemented in the field, drafting and creating project timelines and workplans, reviewing and updating budgets and forecasts, creating and contributing to internal and donor reports, and supporting other products/documents as identified.
- Support clear internal and external communication for the assigned projects; tasks may include, creating and contributing to articles and publications, reviewing and sending written communication, effectively leading small meetings, as well as interacting with donors, partners, stakeholders, and internal contributors.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance requirements are met for all assigned work products and activities.
- At the direction of project leadership, independently and accurately, perform financial administration tasks (check requests, sub-award approval level, etc.).
- May have the authority to sign for approval for smaller amounts as defined by the project.
- Support one or more elements of the proposal process as needed; tasks may include drafting text, gathering and preparing supporting documents, review and support budgets process, and participate in the proposal review process. Build relationships with donor counterparts and coordinate with NBDU team. Support new opportunities, grow existing programs, and engage leadership to execute opportunities.
- Other administrative and programmatic duties, as needed.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is eligible for Immigration Sponsorship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE