Business Development Intern, New Business Development Unit
Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create persons-to person bridges between nations.IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information. IREX seeks an Intern to provide administrative and coordination support for IREX’s New Business Development Unit. The development team focuses on new business development and international recruitment for proposals. They work across IREX’s Practices (Education; Communities and Governance; Information and Media; Youth; and Leadership) to produce proposals for US and other Governments, and private donors.
IREX is seeking an Intern available to work 20 or more hours a week, though the schedule is flexible. An hourly stipend will be provided. This internship is open immediately.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform research and analysis on a variety of new business development related issues, as required
- Support all aspects of designing and preparing proposals in response to donor funding opportunities
- Assist with proposal editing, proofreading, formatting, and budgeting, as needed
- Assist with drafting proposal content, as needed
- Assist in recruitment of staff for proposals and preparing staffing documents for proposals
- Update and format program materials and web content
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
The Intern must be well organized, skilled at handling multiple tasks, and able to adhere to deadlines. Other qualifications:
- Excellent writing and editing skills, and detail-orientated approach
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Demonstrated commitment to the international development field
- Comfort with budgets and facility with Excel preferred
- Knowledge of a foreign language preferred
- Knowledge of US Government program funding preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Go to http://www.irex.org/careers and click on Current Openings. Then click on the corresponding position and apply through our website. Please supply a resume and a cover letter with your application. If you are creating a new profile you need to do so and then go back in to apply for a position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE