Contracts and Procurement Assistant, PRESTIJ
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Contracts and Procurement Assistant to support a five-year USAID-funded project, Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ). Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, PRESTIJ will support universities to expand and improve pre-service teacher education, and the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms.
Under the supervision of the Finance and Compliance Manager, the Contracts and Procurement Assistant will oversee project’s procurement and contractual activities ensuring adherence to IREX procurement policies and procedures guaranteeing value for money.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In close collaboration with the Finance and Compliance Manager, manage all aspects of procurement of goods and services for the project. This includes preparation of Request for Quotation (RFQ) or Request for Proposal (RFP), purchase orders, and supplier agreements.
- Write procurement selection and negotiation memos.
- Follow up with vendors and service providers.
- Manage service agreements, contracts and consultants files and payments.
- Monitor purchase orders and consultants payment trackers.
- Prepare vendors payment requests in relation to procurement.
- Direct and guide the staff with IREX procurement policies and advise the best procurement approach for the required services.
- Maintain selected and preferred vendor records.
- Keep track of asset management records
- Do vendor verification as needed
- Do inventory count as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Jordanian residency/work authorization is required
- BA degree in a relevant field
- A minimum of 3 years of procurement experience in donor funded (preferably USAID-funded) projects and knowledge of donors’ procurement regulations; USAID contract experience preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel)
- Demonstrated high attention to detail
- Good command of the English language preferred
- Positive attitude and willingness to support and assist colleagues
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Please upload a file that includes a resume/CV and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements with the subject line of the position title.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE