Chief of Party, USAID Deepening Linkages in Civic Participation Activity
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Chief of Party candidates for a five-year USAID-funded program to enable horizontal and vertical networks of individuals and organizations to advocate for and bring about change across issues that resonate with local communities and increase government responsiveness and accountability in the Kyrgyz Republic. The Chief of Party with be based in Bishkek and will oversee all programmatic aspects, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
Citizens/residents of the Kyrgyz Republic are highly encouraged to apply. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program and the team; provide dynamic and creative leadership to bring innovation to rigorous program implementation;
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, as well as with key government officials at the national and municipal level, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, program beneficiaries, and other stakeholders;
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations, including CSOs;
- Ensure project activities are implemented on schedule and within budget;
- Supervise, manage, and mentor project staff and work in close coordination with IREX’s home office;
- Oversee project budgeting, financial management, and compliance;
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities;
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development;
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 10 years of progressive experience, including management experience in international development with experience working in the Kyrgyz Republic and/or the Central Asia region strongly preferred;
- At least five years in a relevant technical position, designing and implementing programs with a focus on strengthening civil society and increasing accountability and effectiveness of public institutions;
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing complex donor-funded technical assistance projects (with strong preference for past USAID-funded project management experience);
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials, community officials, civic leaders, private sector leaders, international donors, and other stakeholders;
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives;
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of working in the Kyrgyz Republic preferred;
- Strong representational and organizational skills;
- A bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as International Development, Human Services, Political Science, Public Policy, Public Administration, Economics, Social Sciences, etc.; an advanced degree in a related field is preferred;
- Fluency in written and spoken English; proficiency in local languages a plus.
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration.