Media Trainer - Consultant (Francophone)
DATE REVISED: 10/21/2018
POSITION TITLE: Media Trainer – Consultant (Francophone)
REPORTS TO: Project Director
LOCATION: Sub-Saharan Africa
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX is seeking a consultant/trainer between November to September 2018, to be hired to prepare and deliver regionally contextualized trainings and workshops to journalists and other media practitioners in West Africa.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In coordination with the Project Director and other trainers prepare regionally appropriate trainings and workshop curricula for regional participants;
- Provide training, technical assistance, and capacity building to the local journalists;
- Deliver trainings focused on one or more of the following topics, including security and counter-terrorism reporting, business and economic development reporting, investigative journalism, and identifying disinformation and misinformation.
- Contribute to program data collection and reporting;
- Other activities as agreed upon between IREX and the consultant.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years’ experience conducting trainings, specifically training individuals in media/journalism preferred;
- In-depth local/regional In-depth local/regional knowledge and expertise in West Africa;
- Fluency in French required, additional proficiency in English a plus;
- Experience training in Zulu, Swahili or other Sub-Saharan languages a plus;
- Experience working in cross-cultural environments;
- Excellent communication skills.
All applicants should submit a resume and a cover letter.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE