Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor, USAID/Bangladesh Youth Program
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 13 countries, and a global staff of 400.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded youth development program in Bangladesh. The Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Advisor will ensure that the considerations of girls, young women and marginalized groups are mainstreamed throughout program activities and will foster youth-led program planning through a variety of assessments, outreach to targeted groups, and adaptive methodologies.
Only citizens of Bangladesh or residents with work authorization will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Design and conduct gender and inclusion analysis to identify identity-based opportunities and constraints facing diverse youth in Bangladesh, and additional research focusing on specific gender and inclusion issues as needed
- Develop, implement, and monitor a gender and inclusion integration strategy to ensure diverse youth benefit equitably from the program and to reduce identity-based disparities experienced by youth
- In close collaboration with program communications team, coordinate program outreach to and recruitment of young women and marginalized groups, including ethnic minorities, rural youth, youth with disabilities and LGBTQ youth
- In close collaboration with the program team, craft opportunities for meaningful inclusion of diverse youth in training design, facilitation, participation, and evaluation
- In close collaboration with the MEL team, apply inclusion best practices to design of data collection instruments, data analysis, program learning initiatives, and other MEL activities to track identity-based differences in participation and outcomes as well as the impact of program activities on progress toward gender equality and social inclusion
- In close collaboration with the subgrants team, integrate gender and inclusion requirements into bidding, procurement, and partner orientation materials
- Oversee accountability mechanisms for meaningful inclusion across program component areas
- Coordinate with program communications team to create outcome-focused materials by and for youth to publicize results and amplify the voice of girls, women, and marginalized youth
- Contribute to program reporting and budget monitoring related to gender and inclusion investments
- Train program staff and consultant on inclusion best practices, do no more harm principles, safeguarding and prevention of sexual exploitation and abuse (SEA) of underage and vulnerable participants, as needed
- Travel throughout Bangladesh, as required
- Other duties as assigned
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bangladeshi citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Bachelor’s degree (master’s preferred) in gender studies, sociology, human rights, public policy, or a related field of social studies
- At least five (5) years of experience working on gender and/or social inclusion programs in Bangladesh
- Experience with monitoring and evaluation (M&E), research, and adaptive methodologies
- Experience working with USAID-funded programs strongly preferred
- Excellent facilitation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to interact and cooperate effectively with a large and multicultural team
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV and cover letter summarizing your qualifications and stating your salary expectations.