Director of Human Resources, Human Resources Unit
The Director of Human Resources leads all human resources operations, organizational development, talent acquisition, staff engagement efforts and other critical processes and programs managed and supported by IREX’s HR unit. The Director acts as a strategic advisor to the Vice President of Operations on all human resources issues and partners with IREX’s executive leadership team to develop and implement strategies, programs and systems to ensure that staff are positioned to achieve IREX’s mission. The Director is responsible for designing, executing, and maintaining a progressive, flexible, inclusive and responsible talent management programs in a global workplace, ensuring that IREX continues to support and develop its staff in a manner that aligns with its mission, values and management practices and reflects its commitment to equity and inclusiveness in a diverse workplace culture.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Demonstrated, significant and progressive professional experience in human resources management and leadership within organizations operating internationally, with a demonstrated track record of progressively increasing responsibility and delivery required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or equivalent required, Master’s degree in human resources management or equivalent preferred.
- 5+ years in a supervisory role in an HR department/unit required
- Prior experience supporting and managing the implementation of an HRIS System required. HR-related technology proficiency and understanding required.
- A demonstrated track record of designing, implementing, and oversight of key aspects of an organization’s human capital functions including, but not limited to: talent acquisition and retention, benefits planning, and administration, culture and organizational development, HR change management, performance management, employee relations, training and development, immigration and work permits, overall human resource compliance and fully integrating a focus on diversity, equity and inclusiveness into each of these functions.
- A strong and creative problem solver who can balance the important compliance and legal dimensions of human resources management with the need to proactively develop new solutions to operating an increasingly complex global organization.
- Prior experience managing, coordinating and leading HR investigations.
- Significant people management experience in a global organization working across multiple and disparate geographies.
- Understands the historical context for racial and other systemic inequities and their present-day implications and effectively supports and leads conversations and learning forums about diversity, equity and inclusiveness.
- Familiarity with or has worked for project-funded organizations in the international development and/or broader non-profit space.
- Demonstrated commitment and experience developing and providing effective, mission-oriented, and compliant HR support.
- Highly collaborative and able to establish positive working relationships with all stakeholders to maximize cooperation and productivity.
- Experience supporting HR for field based employees at an international organization required.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and cross-cultural skills; and ability to engage with staff at all levels and geographies of the organization.
- Willingness to travel internationally.
- Prior experience utilizing multiple HR related online platforms like Ultipro, Reviewsnap, Jobvite, and Benefits Connect strongly preferred.
- Professional certification (i.e. SHRM-CP, SPHR, or PHR) preferred.
- Fluency in English required, Fluency in Spanish, French or Arabic helpful.
- Ability to interpret policies and apply them consistently across multiple contexts
- Discretion in handling confidential matters with tact and diplomacy
- Appetite for innovation and experimentation
- Good listener
- Direct communicator
The organization offers a competitive salary, bonus, and benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances, holidays, paid vacation, sick leave, flexible spending accounts, retirement, transit/parking benefits, professional development, and gym membership contributions.
How to Apply
This recruitment is being coordinated by Pinnacle Talent Acquisition (PTA). To apply please provide the following:
- A thoughtful cover letter that explains why you are both interested and qualified; and
- Your resume
You will be contacted by a member of PTA if your knowledge, experience, skills and abilities are aligned with this posting.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled