Chief of Party, USAID/Liberia Youth Activity
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for an anticipated five-year program which will focus on building the capacity of local Liberian organizations to deliver integrated youth education and livelihoods programs to youth; integrating management of alternative basic education into the MOE; putting tools in place for counties and district to manage ABE; expanding the reach of work readiness activities and support for youth self-employment; and developing integrated youth centers to offer ABE, livelihoods, health and other interventions. The Chief of Party will be based in Monrovia, and will oversee all aspects of program implementation, providing vision to the program and ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program; bring dynamic and creative leadership to bring innovation to rigorous program implementation and meeting donor deliverables
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, as well as with key government officials, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, program beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations
- Ensure project activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
- Supervise, manage, and mentor project staff and work in close coordination with IREX’s home office
- Oversee project budgeting, financial management, and compliance
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development
- Other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in a relevant field such as education, international development, non-profit management with at least 12 years of relevant experience (or bachelor’s degree with 15 years of experience) in leading programs focused on youth services, workforce development, and/or livelihoods
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing complex donor-funded technical assistance projects (with strong preference for past USAID-funded project management experience)
- At least five (5) years of technical experience designing, implementing, and/or managing programs with a non-formal education, youth development, and/or workforce development focus
- Work experience in Liberia or West Africa highly preferred
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials; education institutions and administrators; media, civil society, and private sector leaders; international donors; and other stakeholders
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives
- Strong understanding of the Liberian context preferred
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English; proficiency in local language(s) a plus
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration.