Chief of Party, Education and Youth Programs
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $80 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Chief of Party (COP) candidates for education and youth programs in Liberia. The COP will provide programmatic and technical leadership to programs that will engage Liberian youth in learning and empowerment opportunities, preparing pathways to future work and community leadership and strengthening youth-serving organizations. The COP will be a creative and dynamic leader, overseeing all staff and program implementation, ensuring that objectives are met on time and within budget.
This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide strategic and technical leadership to the program; bring dynamic and creative leadership to bring innovation to rigorous program implementation and meeting donor deliverables
- Serve as the principal liaison with USAID, as well as with key government officials, other donors and implementers, private sector and civil society partners, program beneficiaries, and other stakeholders
- Develop and maintain effective partnerships with local, regional, and international organizations
- Ensure project activities are implemented on schedule and within budget
- Supervise, manage, and mentor project staff and work in close coordination with IREX’s home office
- Oversee project budgeting, financial management, and compliance
- Oversee monitoring, evaluation, and reporting of program activities
- Represent IREX publicly and support its organizational development
- Other duties, as assigned
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 15 years of progressive international experience in youth and skills development or related fields, with experience working in Liberia and/or the West Africa region strongly preferred
- Master's degree in Education, Social Sciences, or a related field of study required
- Successful track record of supervising, designing, managing, and implementing complex donor-funded technical assistance projects (with strong preference for past USAID-funded project management experience)
- At least 5 years of technical experience designing, implementing, and/or managing programs with a non-formal education, youth development, and/or workforce development focus.
- Ability to establish strong working relationships with senior government officials; education institutions and administrators; media, civil society, and private sector leaders; international donors; and other stakeholders
- Proven leadership qualities and excellent management skills
- Demonstrated ability to track and manage budgets and plan both strategically and creatively to meet project objectives
- Strong understanding of the Liberian context preferred
- Strong representational and organizational skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English; proficiency in local language(s) a plus
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration.