Program Coordinator, Information and Media Practice
Who We Are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create persons-to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks qualified candidates for the position of Program Coordinator in the Information and Media Practice, based in Washington, DC. The Information and Media Practice works with journalists and media; information consumers; and civil society organizations to promote vibrant information and media systems so people can make informed decisions, hold those in power accountable, and take actions to improve their lives.
The Program Coordinator will provide support to a program working with Independent Media in the Eurasia region in areas of administration, compliance, stakeholder communication, research, internal and external report preparation (including on legal topics), and logistics management for travel and/or events. The successful candidate will also be responsible for coordinating online events, and for maintenance and editing of one of the project’s websites, including some content production.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- University degree in international relations, social science, political science or law, with preference for candidates with knowledge of the legal environment in the Eurasia region;
- Advanced fluency in Russian a requirement;
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience;
- Experience in working with international donor organizations will be an advantage;
- Experience of website editing and management will be an advantage, especially using Wordpress;
- Ability to monitor and report on legal developments;
- Proven ability to work in an international context;
- Ability to work with multidisciplinary teams and institutions;
- Communicates clearly, politely, and effectively;
- Strong writing skills;
- Decisions based on judgment;
- Is capable of multitasking efficiently on a regular basis;
- Pays close attention to detail;
- Is proficient in the use of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point. Familiarity with content management systems is a plus.
Your Daily Tasks
- Organize webinars for media lawyers: including identifying relevant topics and speakers, participant recruitment, data-informed monitoring, evaluation, and learning;
- Organize basics of legal workshops for bloggers and journalists: including identifying relevant topics and speakers, participant recruitment, data-informed monitoring and evaluation;
- Assist in organizing trainings for local media lawyers;
- Write quarterly reviews of media-related legislation in the Eurasia region for use by the project team and other stakeholders;
- Contribute to donor-facing reporting in areas of responsibility;
- Provide maintenance and editing of website (using the Wordpress content management system) content and design, including liaising with technical vendors as needed;
- Contribute to content creation for one of the program’s websites;
- Contribute to data-informed monitoring, evaluation, and learning as assigned;
- Other duties as assigned.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings
This position is based in Washington, DC and will be eligible for Telework.
This position is NOT eligible for Immigration Sponsorship
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
EOE – Equal Opportunity Employer
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity.
All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. AA/EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled