Program Coordinator, Communities and Governance Practice
Who We are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create persons-to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of relevant working experience
- Proficiency in Dari, Persian (Farsi), or Tajik
- Knowledge of USG requirements for grant-funded programs strongly preferred
- Experience working in subgrant management strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with monitoring and evaluation and data collection strongly preferred
- Study, work, or living experience abroad, preferably in the Middle East, East Asia or Near East
- Excellent writing and editing skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy, including the ability to prioritize;
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, and organizational skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment, including team members in multiple time zones across a variety of organizations;
- Excellent facilitation and interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills with demonstrated cross-cultural sensitivity;
- Excellent ability to remain flexible while adhering to strict deadlines
Your Daily Tasks
- Assisting with all aspects of subgrant and contractual management, including reviewing grantee due diligence and risk assessment, drafting subawards and monitoring plans, internal review process, tracking and overall monitoring of subgrant activities;
- Monitoring programmatic and financial progress of subawardees, and ensuring compliance with donor and IREX requirements;
- Contributing to writing external and internal quarterly and final reports for assigned programs;
- Assisting the management of a subset of subgrantees including review of subgrantee budgets, deliverables, narrative reports, and M&E plans;
- Supporting program M&E, including data collection and reporting;
- Managing consultant agreements, logistics, and payments;
- Process consultant, contractor, and/or subgrantee financial reports and payment requests, in accordance with IREX procedures;
- Supporting travel and event logistics;
- Contributing to new business development efforts including supporting the development of proposal attachments such as risk and mitigation plans, proposed timelines, budget narratives, and monitoring and evaluation plans;
- Supporting senior staff and development officers in researching and developing proposals and other tasks as deemed necessary for new business development.
- Drafting check and wire requests for payments to vendors and subgrantees;
- Reviewing financial reports;
- Assisting in ensuring all fiscal and performance activities follow IREX and funder policies and regulations;
- Drafting subaward approvals, PAMs, SAFs, consulting agreements, and purchase orders;
- Collaborating with team members to accomplish relevant tasks
- Supporting staff recruitment, through tasks such as panel interviews, as assigned
- Attending relevant staff trainings and workshops to learn more about IREX and USG policies and procedures.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is NOT eligible for Immigration Sponsorship. Valid work authorization is required.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE