Finance Director, USAID/Macedonia Media Support Program
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
Summary of Position
IREX seeks qualified Finance Director candidates for an anticipated USAID-funded media support program in Macedonia. The Finance Director will support the Chief of Party in meeting program objectives and will be responsible for oversight of project finances and grant-making activities.
Only citizens or residents of Macedonia will be considered.
The position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities
- Ensure that the project meets all IREX, USAID and host country requirements relative to USAID funds accountability and operations
- Track and analyze all costs incurred
- Maintain financial records for all project activities and assist in any routine audits as required
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Ensure that all procurement is in compliance with IREX policy and U.S. government regulations
- Monitor project budgets and provide required reporting
- Coordinate with IREX Finance team in-country and at the home office
Skills and Qualifications
- Macedonian citizenship or residency required
- Graduate degree in accounting or business administration
- At least six years’ experience in financial management and/or project administration, preferably on USAID programs of similar scope and size
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex project in the field under challenging circumstances
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Fluent Macedonian language skills and advanced English language skills.
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV for consideration.