Program Coordinator (Part-time), Education Practice
IREX seeks a Program Coordinator to join its Education practice and provide administrative support in the day to day administration of program activities including logistics support, implementation of program initiatives, financial monitoring, and communication with partner organizations on program implementation and participant support issues.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Maintains a portfolio of academic institutions in the Global Solutions Sustainability Challenge and associated faculty and students:
- Regularly communicates with faculty and students to provide support with team member recruitment, selection and implementation of Global Solutions Sustainability Challenge;
- Reviews team challenge contributions and online discourse related to the implementation of the Global Solutions Sustainability Challenge;
- Maintains a knowledge of online and country specific education trends.
Supports administration of the Global Solutions Sustainability Challenge including:
- Assisting with the review of team challenge contributions;
- Supporting the development of the online challenge platform;
- Supporting webinar implementation;
- Communicating regularly with partner academic institutions in Iraq;
- Conducting site visits with academic institutions and teams in Iraq;
- Communicating regularly with DC about the status of team development and project implementation in Iraq.
Supports preparation of facilitator training and other events including:
- Collaborating with the program team to support development and preparation of materials for workshops and events;
- Assisting with event coordination and providing on-site support during workshops;
- Supporting event and travel logistics;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- University degree required;
- Minimum two years of program support experience;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
- Demonstrated capability to work independently and as a team member with consistent ability to take initiative, meet deadlines within strict time constraints, and maintain a positive attitude and flexibility;
- Demonstrated computer skills, including Microsoft Office;
- Experience with education technology preferred; and
- Proficiency in written and spoken English, Arabic, and Kurdish is required.