Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) & Communications Assistant, PRESTIJ
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a MEL & Communications Assistant to support a five-year USAID-funded project, Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ). Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, PRESTIJ will support universities to expand and improve pre-service teacher education, and the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms.
Under the supervision of the MEL Manager, the MEL & Communications Assistant will assist with the project’s monitoring, evaluation, learning and communication tasks to support overall performance management and communicate impact. They will be primarily responsible for data collection, entry, and filing and creating compelling stories about PRESTIJ’s impact. They will also contribute to data analysis and programmatic reporting as required.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Collect data from project and partner activities in a timely, reliable, valid, and precise manner
- Enter collected data in and maintain program’s beneficiary database
- Maintain soft and hard copies of all MEL related files and supporting documentation
- Assist in the analysis of indicator data
- Assist with select strategic learning activities including data analysis framed by learning questions; organize and present data results to tell a story relevant to learning questions
- Contribute to the development of data collection instruments as required
- Conduct regular data quality assurance tests
- Contribute to the development of internal and external-facing reports, communications and deliverables as required
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Experience:
- Jordanian residency/work authorization is required
- University degree in a relevant field
- At least 3 years of relevant experience
- High-level proficiency in Excel, including use of pivot tables, formulas and charts
- Strong analytical skills; experience with statistical analysis software preferred
- Experience working in and/or interest in developing capacity for data collection and technology systems including SurveyMonkey, Dedoose, Salesforce, and Power BI or similar
- Ability to produce draft communications and reports, including data visualizations to support key messages
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize
- Ability to work to meet deadlines in multiple tasking environments
- Ability to work in a positive, solutions-oriented way independently and collaboratively with others on a team
- Ability to adapt, respond to changing conditions with flexibility and think creatively
- Strong writing, editing, and oral presentation skills in English and Arabic, as evidenced by professional experience.
Please upload a file that includes a resume/CV and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE