Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor, Deepening Linkages in Civic Participation Activity
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX seeks qualified Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor candidates for a five-year USAID-funded program to enable horizontal and vertical networks of individuals and organizations to advocate for and bring about change across issues that resonate with local communities and increase government responsiveness and accountability in the Kyrgyz Republic. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Advisor will be responsible for developing and applying the program’s learning agenda, including working with USAID to develop evaluation strategies, and monitoring activity progress to identify areas for improvement and ensure continuous learning among program stakeholders.
Only citizens or residents of the Kyrgyz Republic will be considered. This position is contingent on funding.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage a monitoring and evaluation (M&E) system across all program components that leverages qualitative and quantitative methods, and draws from a variety of data sources to measure progress, evaluate impact, and support collaboration, learning, and adaptation;
- Communicate information obtained through M&E activities to IREX staff, various external stakeholders, notably donors and partners to enable informed decision-making;
- Liaise regularly with IREX’s Monitoring and Evaluation team in headquarters;
- Lead the design and implementation of key learning activities including the Listening Tour, Civil Society Network Analysis, Share-Back Sessions and Semi-Annual Workplanning Meetings;
- Ensure data collection process is functioning in all activity locations to provide quality data within deadlines and support data analysis to enable informed programmatic decision-making;
- Regularly review data collection processes, perform data quality assessments, and make adjustments as needed;
- Conduct regular visits to program sites to provide technical assistance and ensure proper monitoring of activities;
- Produce monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual M&E reports for internal and external review; and
- Regularly review indicators and develop annual performance management plans.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Kyrgyz citizenship or residency.
- Minimum of five years professional experience in a senior M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of donor-funded development projects;
- Experience working in the Kyrgyz Republic and/or the Central Asia region;
- Proven success in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages;
- Experience designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems;
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance management plans and learning activities;
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies;
- Experience in planning and managing surveys;
- Experience developing and refining data collection tools;
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight; • Experience summarizing monitoring and evaluation results in effective reports that effectively inform decision-making;
- Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of working in the Kyrgyz Republic;
- Strong representational and organizational skills;
- Bachelors or master’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, education, or related field. Master’s degree or bachelor’s plus an advanced certificate in M&E, statistics, or economics preferred; and
- Fluency in written and spoken English; proficiency in Russian, Kyrgyz, and/or other local languages preferred.
Click on “Apply” below to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration.