Program Officer, Iraq Higher Education, Education Practice
IREX seeks a Program Officer to provide program management and technical and financial support to the Iraq Higher Education program.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support Senior Technical Advisor and Senior Program Officer in all aspects of program implementation to ensure quality and impact of programming
- Provide program and financial management on education, higher education and/or workforce development training;
- Oversee higher education reform projects including supporting relationships and outreach with academic and corporate partner institutions
- Track program expenditures and develop and monitor program budgets;
- Assist with business development efforts as assigned;
- Assist in monitoring and evaluation product design and development.
- Draft and assist in quarterly reports for the Iraq program.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in, higher education, education, or related field required; Master’s preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience working in and/or managing international education programs
- Experience demonstrating relevant progressive experience, with a focus on institutional capacity building, workforce development and/or professional development programs;
- Experience with sub-award management on donor-funded initiatives;
- Experience creating, managing and monitoring program budgets;
- Demonstrated ability to plan strategically and creatively to meet specified objectives with strong ability to anticipate challenges and generate solutions;
- Demonstrated expertise in international program management;
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural communication skills;
- Professionalism in written correspondence and report writing, excellent presentation and oral communication skills;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail, including the ability to prioritize;
- Able to work independently and as a team member with consistent ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible;
- Demonstrated understanding of professional work experience in Iraq preferred;
- Availability to travel to Iraq as needed; and
- Written and spoken Arabic or Kurdish language preferred.