Human Resources Associate, Human Resources
Who We are
At IREX we strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals research their full potential, governments serve their people and communities thrive.
But around the globe, persistent poverty, repression, and injustice prevent too many people form achieving their full potential. To address these problems, we focus on people, not on vaccines, roads, or wells. We support individuals and institutions to create change in their own communities—and to create persons-to person bridges between nations.
IREX works with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
With Supervision, the HR Associate will perform general human resources administrative duties in support of unit-wide operations. Maintain databases, calendars, and other internal information systems in area of responsibility. Coordinate logistics support for unit as assigned. Coordinate and direct offices services, such as the procurement offices supplies, budget and financial administration.
Reporting to the HR Generalist, the HR Associate provides day-to-day coordinating and administrative support to the Human Resources unit. The HR Associate provides strong customer service via email, phone or in person; screens and directs inquiries that come to the Human Resources team; answers questions from employees and the general public regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations relating to human resources management; and responds to requests for information in a timely manner.
The HR Associate must be detail oriented, and have strong multi-tasking ability to manage and organize employee records, respond to employee verification requests, manage the HR portal, maintain the HR automated platforms and address external and internal HR inquiries, and ensure timely payments to the HR vendors.
The position is key to ensuring the success of the HR unit and will focus on providing administrative and coordinating support to key HR functions (e.g. correspondence generation, record-keeping, reporting, accounts payable, HR system entry, and special projects). The HR Associate is the gatekeeper of the HR personnel filing system and ensures that employee files are consistently and appropriately maintained.
Carry out additional duties and tasks to meet the needs of the organization, team, or as assigned by supervisor.
We are doers. Our decades of on-the-ground experience help us create greater impact, practical recommendations, and lasting partnerships.
Are you the next member of our team?
Your Background & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 1-2 year of relevant work experience with at least 1 year of experience in HR administration required
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment as part of a team along with the ability to work well independently and proactively required.
- Experience using MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Adobe Pro required.
- Ability to handle confidential information tactfully required.
- Generally strong HR-related technology proficiency and understanding required.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities in a dynamic environment required
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and strong organizational abilities required.
- Excellent organizational skills, flexibility, and ability to maintain confidential data required.
- Previous work experience in an international organization highly desirable.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills and strong organizational abilities.
- Must be able to meet tight deadlines and targets and to deliver effective results.
- Demonstrates flexibility and the ability to maintain confidential data is required.
- Strong skills in working with benefits administration, payroll, and HRIS systems.
Your Daily Tasks
- Serves as administrator for the HRIS, performance management system and the HR ticketing platform.
- Work closely with the HR Generalist and unit head on the development of strategic and tactical internal and external communications that will help employees get the most out of their benefits, policies and programs.
- Provides excellent administrative support to the HR team with tasks such as meeting coordination & logistics, data entry, audits and calendar support.
- Proactively assess employee pain points, and partners with the HR team to develop win-win solutions.
- Provides top-notch customer services for IREX employees.
- Serves as the primary record-keeper for the Human Resources unit.
- Maintains the personnel filing system and ensures an organized and easily retrievable system for the maintenance of all IREX employee records through Sharepoint and the HRIS system..
- Responsible for data input into the HRIS system including but not limited to data entry of new hires and the creation/upkeeping of employee electronic files.
- Audit and reconcile employee information in the HRIS system and employee files to ensure data integrity.
- Tracking Professional Development requests and training participation (includes sending and tracking training evaluations).
- Maintains the relevant pages on the IREX Portal in a timely manner and ensures that information is easily accessible.
- Responsible for updating the organization chart and the office floor plan and developing the bi-weekly seating forecast report.
- Makes photocopies, scans, and perform other clerical functions, ensuring the confidentiality of sensitive employee information
- Conducts audit of HR personnel files and documents as needed.
- Responsible for developing the content for the weekly HR newsletter.
- Works closely with the HR team and the Field HR Officer to maintain the relevant pages and notices on all IREX Portals in a timely manner and ensures that information is easily accessible.
- Partners with the unit head to maintain the Internal HR Calendar and alerts the HR team of IREX key deadlines.
- Establishes and maintains a positive working relationship with all of lREX’s vendors to promote a quality service image.
- Observes professionalism and confidentiality in his/her interactions with IREX staff at all times.
- Recommends new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in efficiency of unit and services performed.
- Responsible for timely processing of HR related invoices and managing vendor follow up relevant to invoices.
- When needed provides back-up desk coverage for the Operations Associate
- Works closely with the HR Unit to develop and maintain the Internal HR Calendar and alerts supervisor, unit head and other members of HR team of key deadlines.
IREX will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments of 2008.
Successful candidates are subject to background screenings
This position is eligible for Telework.
This position is ineligible for Immigration Sponsorship