Finance and Compliance Manager, PRESTIJ
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks a Finance and Compliance Manager to support a five-year USAID-funded project, Pre-Service Teacher Education in Jordan (PRESTIJ). Working with stakeholders including the Queen Rania Teacher Academy, PRESTIJ will support universities to expand and improve pre-service teacher education, and the Government of Jordan to develop and implement teacher education reforms.
Under the supervision of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Finance and Compliance Manager will provide financial oversight of program activities and the daily functioning of the project day to day operations. They will ensure that all finance and procurement activities under the project are implemented in a timely and results-focused manner, and in compliance with IREX and USAID requirements. The Finance and Compliance Manager will have a supervisory role of the administration, procurement and logistical staff and is expected to promote a project-wide culture of compliance and risk management through compliance practice leadership, staff compliance training, regular project compliance reviews and pro-active identification of potential compliance-related issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be responsible for the overall financial, procurement and logistical management of the project ensuring smooth implementation of activities.
- In coordination with the Deputy Chief of Party, establish the overall financial management practices of the program, with a focus on cost efficiency, and optimization of office resources
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained
- Review and approve all financial transactions prepared by Accountant ensuring all transactions are accurate and all costs are allowable, allocable and reasonable in accordance with USG cost principles, IREX policies and procedures and Jordanian Law
- Oversee payroll processing and review and submit all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, deduction at source) to relevant parties
- Review and submit monthly field office expense reports (FOERs) through the QuickBooks accounting software system
- Oversee financial aspects of all program activities and work closely with program staff to develop budgets and cost projections for programmatic activities
- Monitor project’s budget closely and review spending and burn rates accordingly
- Oversee semi-annual fixed assets count
- Review internal controls to ensure that appropriate mechanisms, procedures, and systems are in place. Ensure proper safeguards of funds and compliance with established USG and IREX financial and accounting procedures
- Ensure compliance through full cycle of the vetting process, Value Added Tax (VAT) reporting, Anti-Terrorism Certification (ATC), and registration
- Prepare monthly accrual and projections reports and submit wire requests
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Degree in accounting, finance or other relevant discipline.
- At least 8 years’ experience in financial and compliance management, preferably with USAID programs/contracts with similar scope
- Demonstrable ability to manage a team and create a culture of compliance through training, coaching and oversight
- Ability to compile and prepare financial and budget data in line with USG rules and regulations
- Experience analyzing budget trends and monitoring funding levels across multiple accounts
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets
- Demonstrated ability to work with host government and cooperating partners in implementing a complex project in the field under challenging circumstances
- Skilled in managing and compiling financial data for reporting and ensuring compliance with all donor requirements
- Excellent computer skills as they relate to financial management
- Excellent interpersonal and team work skills
- Ability to communicate professionally and provide written reporting in English is required; proficiency in Arabic preferred.
Please upload a file that includes a resume/CV and a cover letter that includes your salary range requirements with the subject line of the position title.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE