Finance Coordinator, Education Practice
Position: Finance Coordinator
Location: Washington, DC
Reports To: Senior Budget Analyst
Division: Education Practice
IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information.
IREX seeks Finance Coordinator for its Education, Leadership, and Youth Practices. The Finance Coordinator works closely with the Senior Budget Analyst and project staff to ensure overall financial compliance and assists in
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review monthly field office expense reports and provide clarification and guidance when necessary;
• Review monthly wire requests from field offices;
• Review monthly transaction reports;
• Perform expense reclassification based on program staff requests;
• Perform monthly reconciliations of the practices’ credit cards expenses;
• Assist in preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual and final financial reports;
• Managing outgoing invoices;
• Support Senior Budget Analyst in nonresident alien tax compliance as needed; and
• Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, international development, international education, or related field; Master’s preferred;
• Minimum of one-year experience in the field of international development and project finance.
• Demonstrated interest in international development;
• Experience working on international development projects in project management, project finance and/or new business preferred;
• Working knowledge of U.S. Government (USAID, DOS) regulations applicable to international development projects;
• Ability to work collaboratively with multiple teams and individuals;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize;
• Proficiency of MS Excel, and in other MS Office tools;
• Experience with Deltek Costpoint accounting system desirable.
Please supply with your application a resume and a cover letter that explains your interest and why you believe you would be a good match for the position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE