Customer Care Business Analyst
ipsy is looking for a Business Analyst to provide analytics and operational support and drive ipsy’s business strategy for Customer Care. You will primarily focus on voice of the member insights, reporting, workforce management, forecasting, operational efficiency, and SLA adherence. This role is highly collaborative and you’ll work closely with internal teams. With your help, we will build a stronger Customer Care organization, improve members’ happiness, and continue to scale strategically. Our ideal candidate is an independent and eager problem-solver, highly detail oriented, and passionate about providing exceptional service to our active community. This role will report to the Director of Customer Care in our San Mateo, CA office.
- Analyze and present voice of the member insights to Customer Care business partners.
- Maintain new and existing reports and build dashboards.
- Forecast inbound volume and optimize the team’s schedule to ensure that performance targets are met.
- Evaluate workflows and systems and drive efficiency improvements. Manage the implementation and adoption of new systems.
- Collaborate with leadership team on analysis of metrics to drive operational excellence.
- Collect, analyze, and present individual and team metrics to make recommendations for improvements and monitor team success.
- Administer working tools for efficient ticket routing (e.g. email and social ticketing platforms and CSAT platform).
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 1-3 years of experience driving analytics, operations, or consulting.
- Strong proficiency in Excel. Experience with SQL preferred.
- Experience with large datasets.
- Strong analytical and detail-oriented aptitude; a high degree of accuracy is required.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to take initiative.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
- Experience creating and optimizing business and operational processes.
- Ability to manage time effectively, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work on a team and collaborate with other stakeholders.
- Flexible demeanor and ability to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Expertise with data visualization and dashboard tools such as Tableau, Looker, or equivalent.
- Interest in beauty and / or consumer tech.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.