Head of Special Projects
ipsy is looking for an energetic and strategic leader to oversee new special projects and strategic business opportunities. You will be tasked with driving our member experience by ideating, planning, and incubating new opportunities for ipsy. You will also scope partnership opportunities, develop and communicate a vision for the new business, dive into member insights, own the member experience, and lead stakeholders across the company in testing new projects. You are the perfect fit if you have great interpersonal and project management skills, thrive on cross-functional teams, have a business development background, and relish the challenge of P&L management and building exciting new businesses. You will be a key member of the leadership team propelling ipsy into its next stage of growth. This role reports to the EVP of Membership in New York City.
- Ideate new business opportunities, partnerships or collaborations with the goal of keeping our member experience fresh, innovative, exciting and delightful.
- Own business plan process and P&L management for new business opportunities.
- Project manage roadmap to launch new business opportunities; make quick decisions on entry and exit.
- Align cross-functional stakeholders around special projects and key milestones.
- Collaborate closely with all cross-functional teams to ensure that ipsy delivers a consistent and delightful customer experience.
- Delight the ipsy community by constantly evolving the business.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA from a top tier school preferred.
- 7+ years of work experience with preferably 2 years of strategy consulting or finance experience. Consumer business and/or consumer internet experience and/or general management experience preferred.
- Obsessive about the member experience.
- Experience analyzing markets and trends, anticipating and identifying opportunities and developing strategic insights.
- Proven ability to develop strategy and take ideas from infancy to full execution.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management abilities (a lover of lists and timelines). Great work ethic and sense of ownership and accountability.
- Proven ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-driven startup environment. Must be calm and collected under pressure; comfortable with quick decision making.
- Excellent business judgment and quantitative skills.
- Clear demonstration of internal cross-functional partnership and collaboration.
- Strong interpersonal skills; excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Passion for ipsy’s mission.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.