Lifecycle Marketing Program Manager
ipsy is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Program Manager to lead campaigns across email, push, in-app and future direct-to-member marketing channels. This role will be focused on improving the lifecycle experience for all of our active members, from new subscribers to long-tenured users. This position sits on the Channel Marketing team and will work closely with the retention team. This role also works cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Product, Data, Customer Service, and Operations to launch campaigns focused on improving the experience for our existing base of over 3 million active members, and keeping them subscribed for as long as possible. Success will be measured on decreased churn of active members.
As a Lifecycle Marketing Program Manager, you will play a key role in leading ipsy’s retention strategy with a focus on our core subscription business. You will drive the engagement and communication strategy to all active members with a strong focus on automation and personalization. You have demonstrated experience and success decreasing churn and increasing LTV through email, push and site.
This is an incredible opportunity to work at an innovative tech start-up, doing the most advanced marketing and content personalization in the beauty industry. If you love using direct communication channels as part of an integrated, cross channel marketing effort to drive high-impact results at a fast-growing company, and are confident you could hit the ground running, this role is for you.
- Lead, develop and execute email, push, and in-app marketing strategies for lifecycle, transactional, triggered, and promotional campaigns to increase LTV and decrease churn of monthly members.
- Manage ongoing monthly triggered and transactional communication to all active members (e.g. tracking, payment notification, spoiler alert, shipping alert, etc.)
- Use data to monitor the performance and health of retention programs and identify areas for improvement; generate and test hypotheses to improve monthly performance.
- Establish rigorous A/B and multivariate testing agendas to test subject lines, CTAs, content, email cadence and timing to constantly improve retention.
- Be the voice of the Channel Marketing team in all retention related conversations, meetings, and brainstorms including changes to the business, strategy, product and brand.
- Be the expert on the member journey for active subscribers; develop a deep data-driven understanding of the member mindset, behavior and how best to leverage it to decrease churn.
- Translate high-level initiatives into actionable go-to-market strategy and execution plan, driving cross-channel marketing plans from kick-off to launch.
- Create own roadmap of initiatives that deliver on retention KPIs that align with product, engineering, and marketing roadmaps.
- Bachelor’s degree – ideally in Business, Marketing, quantitative or technical field.
- 3-5 years experience developing lifecycle programs; comfortable with segmentation, automation strategy, marketing using digital channels (email, in app, push, etc.).
- 3+ years experience working directly in an enterprise-grade ESP (Iterable, Braze, ExactTarget, Responsys, etc.), with experience setting up targeting, building multi-step workflows, QA, hitting send and reporting.
- 2+ years experience developing and executing A/B tests to decrease churn, leveraging email, push and site initiatives.
- Comfortable with quantitative analytics, experience translating data into business and consumer insights.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Obsessive attention to detail. Confident deploying emails to millions of users free of grammar, spelling, typos, and other deployment errors.
- Cross-functional team experience and demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion.
- Creative thinking and ability to test out-of-the-box solutions.
- Scrappy ability to get stuff done, roll up sleeves, and tackle something hands-on.
- Proficient with Excel, experience with financial modeling and/or SQL/R a plus
- Familiar with analytics dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Looker).
- Light HTML experience is nice to have.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.