Lifecycle Marketing Specialist
ipsy is looking for a Lifecycle Marketing Specialist to strategize, plan, execute, measure and optimize lifecycle campaigns across email, push and in-app. This role will be focused on improving the member lifecycle experience across channels to deliver on specific business goals. This position sits on the Channel Marketing Team and will focus on key stage(s) of our member lifecycle (Activation, Retention and/or Monetization). You will work cross-functionally with Design, Engineering, Product, Data, Customer Service, and Operations to launch campaigns focused on improving the experience for our existing base of over 3 million active members.
As a Lifecycle Marketing Specialist, you will play a key role in shaping ipsy’s engagement and communication strategy with a focus on increasing lifetime value at every stage of the customer lifecycle. This is an incredible opportunity to work at an innovative tech start-up, doing the most advanced marketing and content personalization in the beauty industry.
If you love using direct communication channels as part of an integrated, cross-channel marketing effort to drive high-impact results at a fast growing company, this role is for you.
- Develop and execute marketing campaigns across multiple channels (email, push, in-app.).
- Use data to monitor the health of lifecycle programs and identify areas for improvement; generate data-driven hypotheses to inform campaign strategies and initiatives.
- Uncover data-based insights about our members, design experiments, optimize accordingly, execute, and analyze results.
- Lead projects through rapid A/B testing cycles; discover and implement retention strategies by optimizing for the right message, to the right user, at the right time.
- Partner with creative team to develop artwork and copy (email copy, CTAs, subject lines) that fulfill campaign objectives and are aligned with ipsy’s brand, look, and voice.
- Collaborate with our analytics team to validate hypotheses, size experiments, and measure the impact of each campaign, then synthesize results into actionable recommendations for senior leadership.
- QA all campaigns, target criteria selection, and deployment schedules.
- Report on both short-term impact and long-term customer value.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Channel marketing specialty: You have 2-3 years of experience in marketing using digital channels (email, in-app and/or push).
- ESP experience: at least 1-2 years working with and building programs directly in an ESP (i.e. Iterable, Braze, ExactTarget, Responsys, etc).
- Data-driven: You are relentless about digging into the data to discover insights and understand not just “what” the data tells but the “why” behind the numbers.
- Cross-functional: You have an uncanny ability to work cross-functionally to execute a vision through consensus building, negotiation, and data-driven persuasion.
- Test-and-learn mindset: You know the only way to learn is to experiment fast and fail fast and often!
- Creative thinker: You set aggressive goals and push yourself to test out-of-the-box solutions.
- Detail-oriented: You bring great attention to detail which means you deploy emails to millions of users free of grammar, spelling, typos, and other deployment errors.
- Scrappy: You’re proud of your ability to get stuff done. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and tackle something hands-on. You are agile and comfortable with a fast-paced environment and change.
- Technical skill set: You are proficient with Excel (experience with financial modeling and/or SQL/R a plus). You have familiarity with analytics dashboards (e.g. Tableau, Looker.) Light HTML experience is also a plus.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with offices in New York City and Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.