ipsy is looking for an Assistant Controller to join the Accounting team to drive scalability and operational excellence. You will be a team player, a builder and a mentor, with a track record of scaling the accounting function through fast growth and strong working knowledge of accounting systems, processes, U.S. GAAP, and internal controls. The ideal candidate is a Big 4, CPA with 10-12 years’ experience, preferably in a public company environment.
- Responsible for supporting the full cycle general ledger monthly close process and related activities to ensure accounts are properly reconciled, reported and in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Ensure deadlines are met in accordance with company’s policies and procedures.
- Act as a thought leader to the Finance team by evaluating current infrastructure, processes, and controls to identify areas of improvement and additional investment and proactively drive efficiency through automation and streamlining accounting processes.
- Draft and implement key policies and procedures and drive implementation of new accounting standards.
- Assist with accounting policies and procedures training throughout the company as needed.
- Manage the relationship with external auditors, provide pragmatic solutions and alternatives to challenging audit requests and inquiries.
- Collaborate with stakeholders in and outside of finance to build scalable processes to support growth.
- Benchmark and coordinate with industry peers on best practices related to accounting, systems, policies, and processes.
- Participate in key strategic initiatives and assist with other ad hoc project.
- Streamline processes and procedures to maximize efficiencies.
- Ownership of monthly flux variance analysis and thorough understanding of accounts.
- Collaborate with the Legal and HR team to communicate stock option materials, compliance, grant process and management report.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience driving the corporate accounting policies and processes. Big 4, public company and IPO experience (4+ years at a Big 4 public accounting firm at the Manager+ level) is preferred.
- Must have retail/B2C experience (understanding of inventory, shipping/receiving, eCommerce sales, etc.). Comprehensive understanding of inventory and cash management.
- Problem solving, project management and decision-making capacity in a high growth environment.
- Experience in leading successful system implementations for growth and scalability. Experience with NetSuite preferred.
- Strong technical accounting background with a thorough knowledge of U.S. GAAP, SOX 404, and SEC reporting standards.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization, from staff to executives, and manage relationships with external parties.
- Experiences in SEC filings, GAAP reporting requirements, maintenance of appropriate documentation to support all disclosures in SEC filings.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.