The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and will be responsible for the timely and accurate period-end close process and driving continuous process improvement in operational and transactional processes.
To be successful in this role, you must be a seasoned accounting professional who is able to manage multiple projects or tasks simultaneously with great attention to detail. We are also looking for someone who thrives and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment to support our continued growth.
- Prepare and analyze complex and a high volume of journal entries. Maintain and balance accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Estimate, analyze, and record month end expense accruals to expense ledger accounts and balance sheet accounts. Drive expense reporting process and A/P process to facilitate close and department expense analysis and owns the results.
- Maintain the general ledger by preparing a trial balance and reconciling entries.
- Summarize financial result status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other financial statements.
- Assist with external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information to auditors. Supporting annual independent audit and regulatory audits as required.
- Support the Accounting Manager in enhancing the Company’s existing accounting procedures and internal controls and seek opportunities to improve accounting operational efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop, implement and maintain key policies and procedures for your area of responsibilities. Researching technical accounting guidance and documenting conclusions as they relate to ipsy
- Provide ongoing support to business partners.
- Minimal 4+ years of experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA (preferred). Big 4 (3+ years) and private industry experience (1+ years) strongly desired.
- Excellent technical accounting skills with a detailed understanding of current GAAP standards.
- Retail or eCommerce experience is strongly preferred.
- Public company experience is a plus.
- Experience with ERP system. Netsuite a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. You are highly skilled in MS Excel (pivot tables, Vlookup, etc.) and the ability to quickly manipulate and analyze large data sets and build reports.
- Excellent verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills needed to develop collaborative working relationships with cross functional teams.
- Possess a strong analytical mind and are comfortable juggling multiple tasks while meeting hard deadlines.
- You want to make an impact. You're driven to be the best. You challenge yourself by setting goals, crushing them, and helping your teammates do the same.
- You are collaborative. You're excited to work with others throughout the organization to help foster a superior workplace and culture.
- You always operate with integrity. You always conduct yourself with honesty and operate ethically. You say what you mean and mean what you say.
ipsy was founded with one singular mission: to inspire individuals around the world to express their unique beauty. That’s how the ipsy Glam Bag came to life. With five products personalized for you—plus articles, videos, and more on ipsy.com—you’re free to try new things and express who you are. ipsy Shopper takes our mission to the next level by making beauty more accessible, rewarding, and liberating than ever before. And with ipsy Gen Beauty, Open Studios, and all the creator content that we post each day, our intention has remained the same: to give every individual the tools to form their own definition of beauty. With over 3M members and 8K digital content creators in our community, and generating over half a billion monthly content views, we’re just getting started.
ipsy is headquartered in the Bay Area with an office in New York City and a studio production and editing facility in Los Angeles. The company achieved profitability in its first year and raised a series B round of $100M with Sherpa Capital and TPG in 2015. We owe all of our success to our inspiring, energizing employees who make exceptional things happen every single day—fearless thinking, tenacity, and a pioneering spirit push us forward. From marketing and media to engineering and operations, we are united in our goal to democratize beauty, making it accessible and affordable for everyone and fearlessly representing individuality and inclusivity. We dream. We empower. We create. And we have great fun doing it together.