Senior Ruby on Rails Developer
Internet Brands is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. The legal industry is complicated and intimidating and we are making it easier for people to get quality legal help. We're looking for a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer to help us connect people with the legal help they need.
About the Position:
As a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer, you will help your team solve customer problems and ship clean, maintainable code. In addition to shared backend services and front-end interfaces, you’ll contribute to our common libraries, mentor and pair with other developers, and strive to make our software development process more efficient. You’ll focus on the full depth of our software stack, while also growing your technical breadth.
- You have 5 or more years of experience developing web apps in Ruby/Rails (preferred), Elixir/Phoenix, Django, Node or a similar MVC development framework.
- You have been the primary owner/developer of several components or features.
- You have strong development principles, including experience with testing and TDD, object-oriented design, and higher-level system design.
- You have worked directly with non-devs (designers, PMs, user researchers, etc.) to ship great products.
- You believe in the value of mentorship, and in a teaching and learning culture.
- You want to grow, and you're constantly finding small ways to improve all the work you and your teammates do.
- You are passionate about building using Agile and Lean methodologies.
Ideally, you'd have:
- A love of mentoring and being mentored. You live by the philosophy that everyone has something to teach you.
- You've contributed to or maintained open-source projects (Send us your GitHub profile!).
- You have experience transforming large Rails apps into a service-oriented or microservice architecture.
- You have a passion for quality. You take pride in keeping your bug count low and your code quality high.
- You focus strongly on the people who use your software. Even when it makes things harder.
About the team:
- We mostly run Ruby on Rails, are actively investing in Elixir, and have brought in technologies like Go, Node, and Scala.
- We're open to using the right technologies for what we build.
- We iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day.
- We’re running an entirely dockerized deployment system, and we’re always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
- We work in small teams with product managers and designers and help shape the products we build.
- We have a strong tradition of supporting open source software. resque_scheduler, robut, resque_unit, and JSON API client were all extracted from our codebase, and we've contributed patches back to Rails.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.