Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Collections Specialist to join our Accounting / Finance Team.
The Collections Specialist will reconcile accounts and prepare invoices, notices and demand letters. You will work together with our Accounting/Finance team as well as Account Executives, Account Managers, and Agencies.
Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Research and resolve billing/collection related issues as they arise.
- Review customer files and accounts receivable reports to determine accuracy of customer account balances.
- Follow-up on inquiries, negotiate with past due accounts and recommend accounts to be referred to outside collections agency.
- Communicate well with Account Executives, Account Managers and Agencies. Integrate with key personnel in various departments to explain transactions needing adjustments.
- Previous accounts receivables and collections experience a plus.
- Possess good working knowledge of bookkeeping, record keeping and clerical reporting procedures.
- Great communication skills, proactive, assertive, courteous, and people oriented.
- Should have working knowledge of Excel, Word, Great Plains and Outlook.
- Must be analytical, organized, detail oriented, inquisitive, and have good business sense.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 3 years of billing/collections experience required.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.