Business/Industry Research Associate
Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently seeking a Business/Industry Research Associate to support our Corporate Strategy team. This is a great opportunity for new graduates and/or professionals with 1-2 years of experience looking to gain valuable market strategy and business planning experience by joining a strong team and working directly with executive management on the strategic direction of the organization. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our various divisions including WebMD.
- Work closely with management to conduct both ad hoc and structured research and competitive analysis in support of internal strategy projects
- Research and synthesize industry perspectives across multiple dimensions (product evaluations, competitive dynamics, business models, disruptive technologies, etc.)
- Analyze industry data sets to quantify market size and highlight growth opportunities to senior leadership
- Effectively communicate key business trends
- Serve as a “thought-partner” to members of executive management in the evaluation of strategic opportunities
- BS in Economics, Finance, or related degree from top tier school is a MUST (please no MBAs)
- Experience in business analytics/industry research required (internships ok)
- Professional experience in industry/market research or business analytics preferred
- Familiarity with online research techniques and experience meeting tight deadlines
- Self-starter with basic understanding of financial terms and business concepts
- Ability to think critically and creatively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Word
- Effective multi-tasking capability and ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment
This is a wonderful opportunity for a rising star to showcase their analytical and business talents within a high growth environment. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package in a casual and collaborative work environment.
Check us out! www.internetbrands.com
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.