Data Analyst - Personalization
WebMD/Medscape is searching for a Data Analyst to join our team!
The Data Analyst’s primary role is to provide data and analysis support for tracking and reporting within Medscape. This position requires an ability to understand the key metrics of a business and to develop reporting based on business requirements. The analyst will work in a project team-oriented and dynamic environment which will require working closely with other teams and adjusting to new developments as they arise. Various software packages and tools will be utilized in order to collect, mine, and report on this data. Strong analytical and communication skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines is critical for this position.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Performing advanced analysis of web traffic, email engagement, and app engagement data to understand and measure the success of programs, including click through analysis, retention, re-engagement and A/B testing.
- Create insightful, easy to understand reports that provide performance, trending and benchmarking analysis to meet business needs.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses using various skills and tools to extract and aggregate data. Apply a broad range of analytical approaches, from back-of-envelope approximations to detailed deep dives in order to identify trends and new opportunities
- Collaborate with various business and operational groups to explore new feature ideas by mining existing web analytics data, designing A/B tests, and evaluating the results to produce recommendations and insights that will help shape business decisions.
- Investigate significant changes in traffic and identify the cause of the changes through investigation using SQL or excel.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on data analysis and related best practices to business partners.
- Create, maintain, automate, and enhance reporting template(s) and customize as needed.
- Multi-task and understand priorities of requests and projects in a dynamic environment.
What's In It For You:
- Besides a competitive compensation package, you'll be working with a great group of professionals in a culture that encourages innovation. If you're ready to take on some new challenges at a well-respected company, we'd love to hear from you.
What You Need For This Position:
- 3+ years’ experience in data and/or statistical analysis and reporting is required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or related quantitative field preferred, or at least 7 years’ of relevant professional experience with some combination of data analysis and reporting building
- 3+ years of relational database experience in, but not limited to Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, Vertica (or any Big Data environment)
- Intermediate to expert level SQL skills are required as candidate must be able to write SQL queries from scratch as well as tune existing reporting queries
- Advanced Excel skills are required. Must be proficient with advanced analytic functions such as vlookup, named ranges, pivot tables, formulas, etc.
- Advanced experience with web analytics tools, such as Omniture and Google Analytics.
- Experience with using A/B testing tools like Target or Optimizely, devising A/B tests, interpreting results, and summarizing the findings.
- Experience with business intelligence tools is preferred such as Tableau or Microsoft BI.
- Strong analytical, creative and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills including experience in supporting and communicating data-driven analyses to various departments and stakeholders
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and time management skills required
- Knowledge of personalization techniques, data science concepts, and/or information processing workflows are all nice-to-have’s
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.