Business Analyst, Sales - Avvo
Avvo’s Sales Strategy and Enablement team is looking for a Business Analyst, Sales to support our sales acquisition and account management organization. This role will report directly into the Sales Strategy Program Manager and will work closely with senior-level stakeholders across Sales, Sales Strategy/Ops, Marketing, and Finance to define business problems, develop recommendations, and drive sales productivity. This role will be responsible for framing, executing, and delivering accurate analytical frameworks to guide strategic decision-making. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a cutting-edge sales effectiveness organization in a rapidly growing high-tech establishment in Seattle! We value individuals that are fearless, coach-able, and arrive at Avvo each day with a positive attitude.
Avvo is located in the heart of Seattle at the beautiful 8th & Olive building, just a few blocks away from Pike Place Market. Nestled in Seattle's tech community, we offer scenic views of the city and surrounding areas from any floor at Avvo!
What you will do in this role:
- Support sales and account management productivity, using Microsoft Excel, Salesforce, Tableau, and other data engines to build reports & dashboards, integrate data sources, drive operational efficiency, and help make better decisions.
- Collaborate across Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Product to develop critical business recommendations, improve process efficiency, and operationalize strategy.
- Develop and drive sound recommendations/action plans based on insights from data analysis to optimize revenue.
- Conduct data analysis including basic statistical analysis.
- Use and develop communication skills to communicate analytical findings, conclusions and recommendations.
- Participate in cross-functional meetings to review and present analytical approaches and interpret results.
- Problem solve system errors and escalate appropriately.
- Understand the business model and the information available for analysis.
- Provide technical QA support on custom programs and executions.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and adhere to priorities in a fast pace environment.
What we would like to see in your experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with solid academic achievement.
- Coursework in business administration, finance or economics is a strong plus.
- 2 to 3 years of relevant professional experience.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and google sheets skills (objects, data quality, custom workflows, reporting, and dashboard tools, data modeling, data analysis); comfortable with SQL.
- Experience working with large amounts of data (power Query).
- Candidates with Salesforce experience preferred.
- Quantitative skills and general problem solving skills for business problems.
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to learn quickly and resourcefully.
- High degree of motivation, flexibility and creativity.
- Positive attitude and strong willingness to learn from mentors and peers.
- Experience with Python is a plus.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.