Content Marketing Manager
Martindale-Avvo comprises some of the leading players in the online legal space, including brands that have been trusted for generations: Martindale-Hubbell®, Avvo® and Nolo®. We provide comprehensive legal marketing solutions including real-time lead generation, online legal profiles, live chat, and website services. Our network of resources, including Martindale.com, Avvo.com, Lawyers.com, Nolo.com and other top-ranking destinations, attracts over 25 million consumers per month — making us the largest legal network online.
We’re looking for someone to determine content strategy for Martindale-Avvo – including types and focus of content to be produced and frequency with which it will be produced – and assist in its implementation. This position is based in our New Providence, NJ, office.
In this role you will:
- Develop and maintain a Martindale-Avvo content calendar identifying topics and target publication dates for the various types of content and content formats, included but not limited to research publications, blog posts, email campaigns, infographcs, webinars, etc.
- Solicit input from stakeholders across the organization to identify topics to meet the various content needs.
- Work with Research to identify survey needs and resulting story arcs for content that supports our value proposition.
- Write content as well as identify, assign and work with internal and external writers/vendors to produce and edit content.
- Determine and implement a process for the editing and review of content to ensure it meets quality standards, including the proofreading of all pieces (emails too) before release. (If needed, create Standards guidelines).
- Assist in the proper presentation of content, including working with the Design, Email and Website teams to create collateral, emails and landing pages.
- 5 years of experience in digital marketing and editing.
- Proven project management experience.
- Proficiency with HTML.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Previous experience in the Legal Profession a plus.
- Willing to experiment fast and change paths as needed.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently in fast paced, team environment; entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to work with team members in locations and time zones across the United States.
- Required travel to Seattle office twice a year.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.