Internet Brands is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. We're looking for a DevOps Engineer to help us connect people with the legal help they need.
About the Position:
We are looking to hire a DevOps Engineer who will focus on enhancing the performance and reliability of our cutting-edge application environment with their knowledge of Linux server environments, Docker, and microservice scaling best practices. This position will report to the Platform Manager, and will be a primary on-call escalation for infrastructure issues and problems.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Ensure up-time for core infrastructure services such as Docker container servers, databases, and continuous deployment tools in testing and production environments
- Constantly working to improve our development and production deployment processes
- Rotating on-call coverage for nights and weekends to provide 24 hour support
- Building, deploying and maintaining infrastructure services in Ruby, Python, or Rust
- Work closely with Infrastructure team developers to debug and answer questions related to deployment and infrastructure
To be successful in this position, you must have:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience administering Linux Servers in production
- Experience running Docker in production
- Experience with orchestration systems such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Familiarity with bash scripting
- Previous experience as a developer, or supporting and working closely with developers
- The ability to maintain and modify Ruby and/or Python scripts
Ideally you’d also have:
- Familiarity with Ruby on Rails
- Knowledge of Solr, Redis, and/or Elasticsearch
- Experience configuring and administering Kubernetes clusters, especially in production
About the team:
- We mostly run Ruby on Rails, and have brought in technologies like Elixir, Node, and Rust.
- We're open to using the right technologies for what we build.
- We iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day.
- We’re running an entirely dockerized deployment system, and we’re always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
- We have a strong tradition of supporting open source software. resque_scheduler, robut, resque_unit, and JSON API client were all extracted from our codebase, and we've contributed patches back to Rails.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.