Social Media and Editorial Specialist
Martindale-Avvo comprises some of the leading players in the online legal space, including brands that have been trusted for generations: Martindale-Hubbell®, Avvo® and Nolo®. We provide comprehensive legal marketing solutions including real-time lead generation, online legal profiles, live chat, and website services. Our network of resources, including Martindale.com, Avvo.com, Lawyers.com, Nolo.com and other top-ranking destinations, attracts over 25 million consumers per month — making us the largest legal network online.
We’re looking for someone to build and execute our social media program, as well as support our Marketing team by writing and editing content as needed. Specifically, this person will look after social media and support content for the Martindale-Avvo legal network comprising brands including Avvo, Lawyers.com and Nolo.com. This position is based in our New Providence, NJ, office.
We are looking for a highly creative innovator, strategic thinker and social media expert who is passionate about building brand advocacy and meaningful communications. The ideal candidate will have a passion for technology. The ideal candidate for this role also will have the following experience in their tool belt:
- Social Media for a tech startup or e-commerce startup
- Content writing for B2C and/or B2B audiences
- Social Media and community influencer engagement
Social media: Own and execute B2C social campaigns for Avvo, Lawyers.com and Nolo.com and B2B social campaigns for Martindale-Avvo and its brands.
- Develop and execute social strategies to support and drive increased engagement, brand advocacy and coordination across earned and owned social channels.
- Clear understanding of social listening process/tools and how to implement at brand level.
- Ability to generate actionable insights through analytics to optimize social media campaigns to increase traffic and engagement (both B2C and B2B)
- Continuously experiment and innovate with original and disruptive ways to leverage social activities that generate media buzz and brand visibility.
- Determine metrics of success and assess effectiveness of social marketing initiatives
- Periodically create and execute content and PR programs to drive engagement and to maintain a strong public image for our Legal B2C and B2B brands.
- Work closely with other marketing channels, particularly SEO, to align messaging and content strategy to optimize traffic and leads
Editorial: Coordinate with the Senior Marketing Manager, Content to review, edit, proofread and write content as needed.
- +3 years of experience working with social media, content and/or public relations.
- Proficiency with social platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) and tools (Hootsuite, Agora Plus, EveryPost, Sprout Social, Bit.ly, etc.).
- A healthy appetite for news and information, especially related to industry trends, issues, politics and policy.
- In depth technical understanding of social media and ability to learn new tools quickly.
- Willing to experiment fast and change paths as needed.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- Excellent communication, project management as well as interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Able to work independently in fast paced, team environment; entrepreneurial mindset.
- Ability to work with team members in locations and time zones across the United States.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.