Los Angeles based Internet Brands is currently looking for a Java Developer. The ideal candidate will have experience using Java in a fast-paced web/SaaS environment, with a strong ability to prioritize tasks with minimal guidance, and communicate effectively with both technical and business personnel.
- Work with leading platforms including Java, J2EE, Spring, Tomcat, Hibernate, and relational databases
- Design, develop and test feature enhancements to meet business requirements then package the changes/additions for release.
- Drive ongoing improvements in software delivery including build and test automation, continuous integration, test driven development.
- Participate in development of unit tests and code reviews.
- 2-3 years of solid Java (J2EE) experience with an emphasis on MVC design pattern in a web/SaaS based environment.
- Experience in writing scalable web apps.
- Experience in modular/OO coding.
- Fluency in JDBC, Hibernate, or similar ORM frameworks; fluency in Spring or similar dependency injection frameworks.
- Knowledge of shell and other scripting languages (Python, Groovy, Scala or Ruby).
- Self-motivated, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Fast learner of new and emerging technologies.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.