Development Team Lead
Internet Brands is changing what it means for consumers to find professional legal help. We're looking for a Development Team Lead to help us connect people with the legal help they need.
About the Position:
As a Development Team Lead, your primary responsibility will be to lead of team of 6-12 software engineers as they develop our consumer- and/or attorney-facing products. In this role, you will be responsible for the hiring, performance, and growth of developers on your team. You will also participate as a senior-level developer, contributing code and problem-solving to keep projects moving along.
You will work closely with company leadership, product managers, designers, and other stakeholders to ensure we’re delivering value to our customers in a timely, predictable way. You’ll be a strong advocate for agile engineering practices and dependable, test-driven development.
- Three to five years experience as a lead developer or in a team management role that included substantial hands-on coding
- Experience developing scalable consumer Internet applications
- Front-to-back command of a modern web development stack such as Rail, Django, or Laravel
- Experience with continuous delivery, TDD, and Agile methodologies
- A strong track record of leadership and technological innovation
- Expertise in given both technical and non-technical feedback
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Significant experience managing software through the entire software development lifecycle
Ideally you’d have:
- Managed software development in a microservices environment
- Experience with containerized software deployment using vanilla Docker, Rancher, or Kubernetes
- Experience with managing budgets and invoicing in support of a technical team or organization
About the team:
- We mostly run Ruby on Rails, and have brought in technologies like Elixir, Node, and Rust.
- We're open to using the right technologies for what we build.
- We iterate quickly and ship multiple times a day.
- We’re running an entirely dockerized deployment system, and we’re always making improvements to help our teams ship safer, and more quickly.
- We have a strong tradition of supporting open source software. resque_scheduler, robut, resque_unit, and JSON API client were all extracted from our codebase, and we've contributed patches back to Rails.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.