Data Engineering Manager
Internet Brands is looking to hire a Data Engineering Manager for our Los Angeles based headquarters. This person would be responsible for providing guidance on our data platform architecture while managing our data engineering team. We are a highly collaborative, agile work environment, so the ideal candidate would demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and good business knowledge in addition to excellent technical depth.
- Provide technical and project leadership for the Data Engineering team.
- Analyze existing and upcoming requirements for data platform; design and lead implementation of new features and platform modifications.
- Supporting Data Engineering team with daily maintenance/improvements of the existing Data Warehouse platform.
- Develop new Hadoop workflows and enhance existing ones.
- Mentor and develop the technical skill of more junior members of the Data Engineering team.
- Substantial proven experience building, debugging and optimizing complex distributed systems or backend services.
- Very strong big data architecture knowledge, specifically in Hadoop.
- Excellent knowledge of Scala and/or Python in Spark or other big data framework.
- Experience using Apache Kafka in production.
- Very strong SQL skills.
- Strong communication ability.
- Desire to work collaboratively across many teams.
- Experience managing a team of Data Engineers.
- Ability to communicate complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.