Content Specialist - Marketing
Marketing Content Specialist
San Diego based, iMatrix is currently seeking a Marketing Content Specialist who will be a contributing member of the Marketing team and will write Marketing content as needed including but not limited to email campaigns, blog posts, ebooks, infographics, case studies, flyers, ads etc. The Marketing Content Specialist will also take personal responsibility for ordering, coordinating, and delivering content between a third party provider and our clients that is in line with their marketing guidelines.
We are looking for someone who is innovative, web savvy, hardworking and has experience with SEO content, social media, and content marketing. The successful candidate will be passionate about delivering relevant, quality content and will show it in their actions, their attitude, and their execution. Additionally, a qualified candidate must have excellent verbal, written, and grammar skills as well as a working knowledge of social media best practices.
You should have a bias toward action and an ability to understand the big picture. You will need to be collaborative and work well as a team as well as be able to work independently. You will need to communicate quickly and accurately back to our clients, as well as our Professional Services and Marketing teams. You will be required to meet and exceed all deadlines that are planned and executed through clear internal and external communication and aggressive follow-up.
- Write marketing communication pieces including but not limited to email communication, e-books, tip sheets, white papers, blog posts, video and webinar/speaking scripts, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the Marketing team to brainstorm and ideate for conversions.
- Work closely with design team to ensure content works well with design and fits brand standards. Coordinate content review meetings to ensure content is evaluated and approved.
- Order, schedule, and manage all content assignments with 3rd party provider.
- Assign, coordinate, and manage all tasks associated with delivery of Press Releases with 3rd party provider on clients’ behalf.
- Work collaboratively with Account Managers and clients to deliver press releases that follow PR and SEO best practices.
- Manage time and projects to reach deadlines and expectations.
- Have experience working in WYSIWYG editors.
- Have working knowledge of HTML and Wordpress.
- Research and understand current best practices for SEO, social media, and web content.
- Identify and inform management of opportunities, potential risks, and other key issues.
- Effectively communicate and collaborate with teammates via project management tools such as Asana. Build strong relationships with coworkers to maximize efficiency.
- Create new and update existing documentation as assigned.
- BA in Marketing, Writing or Communication preferred.
- 1 year experience in a digital marketing or web-based writing.
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects.
- Self-starter. Must ask questions and learn new skills quickly on the job.
- Driven, team player motivated to take responsibility and ensure successful outcomes across activities.
- Able to work independently and efficiently in order to meet organization goals.
- Able to deliver high quality work, meeting all deadlines.
- Strong planning and problem-solving skills.
- Extreme attention to detail and grammar.
- Track record of professionalism and integrity.
- Must be able to easily get along with others and be professional in your relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Must be a Google Suites and Microsoft Office pro (Word, Powerpoint, Outlook, Excel) and be familiar with major social media platforms.
- Familiarity with basic HTML a plus.
Our operating hours are 7:00 AM - 4:00 PM.
To apply, please visit:
iMatrix, aka Internet Matrix, a wholly owned subsidiary of Internet Brands, is a leader in providing affordable and cutting-edge online marketing solutions for practice-based businesses. Our suite on online marketing solutions includes an advanced SEO solution, pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, custom video marketing, social media management, and professionally designed websites.
Our mission is "To empower the world's businesses to succeed locally through affordable marketing solutions." We accomplish this mission by providing an affordable marketing solution for every need.
About Internet Brands, Inc.:
Internet Brands (www.internetbrands.com) is an innovative online media company that operates media, community, and e-commerce websites in consumer categories including automotive, health, shopping, and travel. We also create and license leading social media software and applications.
Internet Brands’ network of 200+ websites reaches more than 90 million unique visitors each month. Our network is ranked one of the Top 50 most popular web properties on the Internet by comScore. Our Automotive and Home portfolios rank in the Top 5 most-visited properties in their respective categories as ranked by comScore, and our websites have received dozens of awards from publications including Time Magazine, MSNBC, PC World, and Forbes.