Los Angeles-based Internet Brands is currently seeking a full-time Payroll/Accounting Administrator. This role reports to the Payroll Manager and is responsible for payroll auditing and reporting, managing payroll tax-related matters, and working collaboratively with Human Resources and Accounting to facilitate bi-weekly payroll processing and accounting support, as needed.
- Bi-weekly payroll auditing (pre- and post-processing) and production of payroll reports.
- Assisting in the preparation of manual checks for terminated employees.
- Creating upload files (Precept to Kronos, Fidelity to Kronos).
- Working with the payroll team to audit accruals, discrepancies, and other employee inquiries.
- Interfacing with Ceridian, unemployment offices, IRS, state agencies and other outside agencies on any payroll or payroll tax-related matters or discrepancies.
- Setting up new states, as needed.
- Ensuring that federal and state payroll reports (monthly, quarterly and annually) are filed timely and accurately; coordinating the fillings with Ceridian, as necessary.
- Assisting in the training of staff in state & federal payroll laws and regulations.
- Accurate and timely year-end reporting of employee W-2s and contractor 1099s; reviewing year-end reports prepared by Ceridian.
- Calculating and preparing spreadsheets for payroll processing (e.g., overtime premiums).
- Preparing annual audit schedules and responding to any payroll inquiries by auditors.
- Assisting in system implementations and upgrades.
- Transmission of weekly On Demand check files.
- Staying up to date on latest payroll laws and regulations.
- Assisting with other special projects, as required.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of payroll experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in payroll, HR, and/or accounting.
- Experience handling full processing of complex multi-state payrolls.
- Kronos Time & Attendance system.
- Payroll systems knowledge (Kronos, Ceridian, ADP, etc.).
- Organized with great follow-through skills.
- Good with math and logic.
- Customer service mindset.
- Attention to detail; highly analytical.
- Intermediate Excel skills.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize assignments under high pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Problem solving abilities for complex payroll and/or accounting issues.
- Ability to interact professionally with colleagues at all levels.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.