Internet Brands is currently seeking a Compensation Analyst. This position will work very closely with the finance and operations teams in the development, evaluation and tracking of various compensation programs including sales commissions, bonus plans, etc.
The Compensation Analyst will report to the SVP. HR with a dotted line to the finance department.
- Construct and maintain financial models and analysis to evaluate compensation proposals, sales compensation plans and changes, and special programs; provide reports, dashboards, and helpful analyses.
- Provide analysis regularly to assess effectiveness and quality of sales compensation plans and programs.
- Analyze and forecast sales plan performance and identify sales trends; reconcile commissions on a regular basis against plans.
- Assist with the incentive compensation pay calculation process.
- Work with the operations and finance teams to improve sales compensation effectiveness based on analytical assessment of plan performance.
- Participate in development, implementation, communication and support of commission plans, performance management and other sales programs.
- Handle sensitive and confidential financial data.
- Research and analyze market/salary data.
- Work with the finance department to perform financial analysis and management reporting, including variances against budget and forecasts for all compensation costs including base pay, commissions, bonuses, contractors, benefit expenses, etc..
- Perform other duties as assigned within compensation and performance analytics.
- Must have advanced Excel modeling skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills; quantitative reasoning skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication/interpersonal skills are essential.
- Must be highly organized, detail oriented, results-driven, and committed to quality and accuracy.
- Knowledge of equity-based compensation packages.
- Must be self-directed and creative with the ability to multi-task.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or related field is required.
- Requires minimum 2-3 years of financial analysis/modeling experience.
- Experience with Salesforce, Kronos, and other CRM & HRIS systems a plus.
- Functional knowledge of statistics as applied in a business environment a plus.
- Sales compensation modeling preferred.
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.