SVP Sales and Marketing
Internet Brands is looking for an experienced SVP of Sales and Marketing for its Avvo business who will strategize, analyze and execute revenue growth initiatives.
The ideal candidate is a team-oriented, hands-on leader with a keen business sense with a demonstrated track record of success growing revenue. You have the vision to evaluate existing situations and create new approaches to promote continuous growth, leading the team through new and changing initiatives. You are a motivational leader and an excellent communicator with a proven ability to train and motivate a large team. You take an analytical approach to marketing and sales management. You’re also a team player who likes a fast-paced environment and wants to join a company with significant growth potential that offers a ton of opportunity to build your skills.
As Avvo’s SVP Sales & Marketing, you will have the unique opportunity to collaborate with other Internet Brands business units to drive the strategy and execution of products in our Legal vertical – the leading legal marketplace, connecting consumers and attorneys. You’ll be joining a team of sales, marketing, product, engineering and business managers focused on expanding our leadership position.
As Avvo’s SVP Sales & Marketing, you will:
- Be accountable for key sales metrics and performance.
- Determine optimal structure, performance metrics, compensation structure and processes for our inside acquisition and account management teams.
- Develop and execute marketing initiatives to achieve revenue goals, in collaboration with other Legal business units.
- Partner with product and engineering by representing the needs of our customers in new product development.
- Collaborate with sales, marketing and product leaders across Legal vertical to maximize our leadership position, integrate offerings and deliver a superior experience to attorneys.
- Help formulate, communicate and lead Avvo’s vision and mission, and overall integration within the Legal vertical.
- Attract, coach and retain high performance team members, empowering them to elevate their level of responsibility, span of control and performance.
- Provide day-to-day management of Seattle office team; foster a culture of teamwork, innovation and high performance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or related field. MBA a plus.
- 10+ years of outstanding results in increasing revenues through new sales, account expansion and marketing.
- Demonstrated success in business-to-business lead generation, prospecting, and closing customers. Success in retaining and growing large (>10,000) account base.
- Experience leveraging Salesforce.com, Pardot or similar CRM/marketing systems.
- Proven ability to build positive relationships and influence, both within and outside areas of control. Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Avvo is a dog-friendly office located in the heart of Seattle at the beautiful 8th & Olive building, just a few blocks away from Pike Place Market. Nestled in Seattle's tech community, we offer scenic views of the city and surrounding areas from any floor at Avvo!
Success starts with having the right people. At Internet Brands, we value and mentor each member of our growing team. We seek out talented, goal-oriented professionals who live and breathe the Internet and thrive in a flexible but challenging work environment. Our team of innovators has enabled Internet Brands to sustain high levels of profitability and success while evolving along with the Internet for over 20 years.
At IB, we promote an entrepreneurial, friendly culture that applauds innovation and results while embracing change and independence. Our employees are intensely driven and constantly encouraged to reach higher and use creativity to achieve success – all the while enjoying high levels of collaboration and the luxury of coming to work in jeans and sneakers. We are proud to offer a unique blend of the innovation of a start-up with the history, stability, and benefits of an established corporation.
Internet Brands and its wholly owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.