Health Content Editor
Internet Brands is seeking a full-time in-house Editor to contribute to the growth of our WebMD brand by ensuring that every article we publish meets the highest editorial standards. This will be achieved in many ways, from brainstorming new medical topics to cover, working with writers to sharpen their skills, editing incoming articles for accuracy and style, and a host of other tasks aimed at providing the best quality medical information to our readers.
This editorial role will cover a wide range of topic areas including addiction, hair loss, eye surgery, and audiology, just to name a few. This means that our Editor will need to be agile enough to cover many different areas effectively, and work with all types of medical subject matter.
- Ability to edit medical content for accuracy, credibility, and style.
- Superior copy editing skills: grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc.
- Experience in the health/medical space preferred, as is a familiarity with medical procedures and terminology.
- Experience working with, and editing copy from, a wide variety of writers.
- Organized and agile with the ability to juggle many projects at once and always deliver a superior product on time and on budget.
- Strong research and fact-checking skills.
- Attention to detail and the desire to help provide accurate medical information to the online audience.
About Internet Brands:
Headquartered in El Segundo, Calif., Internet Brands® is a fully integrated online media and software services organization focused on four high-value vertical categories: Health, Automotive, Legal, and Home/Travel. The company's award-winning consumer websites lead their categories and serve more than 250 million monthly visitors, while a full range of web presence offerings has established deep, long-term relationships with SMB and enterprise clients. Internet Brands' powerful, proprietary operating platform provides the flexibility and scalability to fuel the company's continued growth. Internet Brands is a portfolio company of KKR and Temasek. For more information, please visit www.internetbrands.com.
Internet Brands and its wholly-owned affiliates are an equal opportunity employer.